Next Problem With Firefox

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to re-load a Video Download Helper  ....the one with the three coloured balls revolving . 

What a bloody awful performance that is to try to get the crappy thing to actualy work .

I have  revolving balls   ( don't even think about it !!!!)   but it won't download anything .  

Can anyone advise  or recommend  something that might actually work ?

Just want to import videos from Youtube  as I've been doing for some years .  Stepps put me onto this ages ago but it stopped working a few weeks ago .   

I've had a few issues with it as well Deke,

Are your balls in colour, or B&W? 

If they are B&W simply try refreshing the page, little circly arrow thing at the end if the address bar,

That works for me, seems every time I go to a new video I have to do that,,,,,,   :C

There is probably a better way, but, that works for me, and is simple, :)  

The refreshing bit works ....enables the balls  but the capture doesn't work , says I need an external  something or other .    All the existing ones play via Midows Media Player  but these  show a downloaded file  with  0 byts  

Do I need Flash Players  whatever thay are . ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Canoeboy said:
Deke

Deep Heat

That will bring some colour back into them   :innocent
And what colour would that be Paddler ....raw meat comes to mind . 

I gave up on the Download Helper,  it was so convoluted ...appeared to work then   " You need some external device "  or some such load of ballcocks ... so installed Youtube Free Downloader  or something .   It works but it has a load of adverts attached which you can delete .  Still has about 6 stages to download.

The original was..... Click    , box says  " Quick download"   Click    Done    

Hello!! I do not bother with all that crap....

The thing i use tells you to download some "download video helper" or something, but works without it anyway.....

No adverts or any other crap either..

here it is;  http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/

DO NOT down load the stupid helper thing, just cut and paste to the box at the top of the page, click download and it will do it in seconds!!

john....

You do realise that all these applications and websites are illegal in the UK? They are against the TOC's of youtube and against the licensing agreements etc. Doesn't bother me as such because it's not against the law where I am but what usually happens is that flash player and the iframe system is updated once in a while and they close the loopholes in the code that allows this type of program to capture and save the video. You'll probably find the developers of the capture applications will all issue their own updates shortly and so the cat and mouse game continues.   

I doubt they do because they're all too busy thinking of ways to line their own pockets to worry about the contents of peoples emails. It's a fairly boring place in that respect, there's no websites censored at ISP level and the tabloids here aren't likely to hack into your smart phone.

The thing i use tells you to download some "download video helper" or something, but works without it anyway.....

DO NOT down load the stupid helper thing, just cut and paste to the box at the top of the page, click download and it will do it in seconds!!

john....
Could you elaberate on that  Apprentice....cut & paste to what box ? 

john....
I'm trying to start useing this but need to dump the present load of crap that doesn't work now  and is full of adverts etc.    Unfortunately I cannot see a way of getting rid of it  .

Its called   Centrexity Video Converter.

It doesn't show up in the computer list of programmes etc.  & has no delete button anywhere 

I can't find anything like that Noz  .   Doesn't seem to be a way of deleting it .

I don't see it in "Control Panel"  

If I click the "Download " button on Youtube ....up it comes ...it worked a few times but not now ...also has a load of ads attached to it.

Does it show up under another name? or could it be a fire fox plug in???

Have a look in program files for anything odd then try remove it with add remove progs if you cant then delete it from program files and then remove it from the registry with regedit.

beware removing this way could affect other software.

:)