Bell Box Wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam8465

Reaction score
Hi I recently had my house rendered, whilst this was going on they took the alarm bell box cover off and forgot to put the cover back on so the Siren wouldn't work.

I bought a new bell box a Honeywell I believe but can't get it to work, for some reason on the keypad I just have black squares showing instead of numbers

On the old alarm bell box there were 4 wires

Tamper-nothing in there

Black-trig

Red-poss

Blue-neg

Yellow-strobe

The new bell box I bought have different names not sure if I wired it up right. But here goes

TR. S. V+. V- ST

S- black

V+ red

V- blue

ST- yellow

I also put a link between TR and V-

Can someone please tell me were I have gone wrong?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, I have moved this post from the introduce yourself area to a more appropriate location.

What make is the actual alarm panel itself?

Doc H.

Thanks for the responses. I'm working away at the minute and don't return home until Wednesday I'm not sure what the make is.

So all I need to do is take the link out and possibly change a fuse Andy?

My friend who has now moved away told me to link the 2 together he is an alarm installer but what does he no lol

I doubt you have blown a fuse, the panel would probably be blank if you had or it would say something to do with fuse.

Why did you put a link between Tr & V? (as Andy said, its not required)

What make model of panel is it?

What your "mate" is telling you to do is to by pass the bell tamper return, not really a good idea for a permanent fix.

I don't no the make of it I'm not at home until Wednesday. Not sure why I told there wasn't a tamper wire from the old one and told me to link tr and v-

Do you reckon it will work if I take that piece of wire out ?

Or have I completly ***** it?

More info would help, but guess we will have to wait till you get back home. Make / model of everything would help

Never heard of one, sounds like that is the name of the company who installed it.

Have a look inside the panel

Hi guys I've opened the control panel this is how the panel is wired.

Strobe + empty

Strobe - empty

Bell + red

Bell - yellow and black

The blue one just hanging doing nothing?????

Thanks for your help mate. The key pad now is blank with the light on. Before it was loads of black squares.