Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher - Arms Not Spinning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clanger

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius DWF33 dishwasher that has now developed a fault. Sometimes the top tray isnt washed and sometimes its the lower section.  Having tried to see if there was something stopping the arms from going round (like a misplaced knife) Ive opened the door to catch whats going on.  Sometimes the top arm spins and sometimes the bottom one, but frequently one or other doesn't.  Has anyone else suffered this?

Any ideas gladly welcomed, Thanks. Clangsi x

arms spin with water pressure / flow. Check the nozzles in the arms aren't clogged with food. My particular pet hate is sweetcorn which seems to be able to bypass filters and gets stuck in nozzles in avery annoying difficult to extract again way

Ive taken the arms apart and all is clear.  The odd thing is that some times it one and other times its the other?!?  Do they both get supplied with water rfom the same pump? indeeed are they meant to take turns spinning?  Sorry Im having a bit-thick-friday.

Have a good weekend

yep both from same pump. Sounds like a possible blockage elsewhere in the system. Might be worth emptying machine and running it on a very hot cycle with some dishwasher cleaning stuff you can buy to generally de-clog the machine?

Get yourself over onto the UK Whitegoods forum. You want Forums / Public Forums / Dishwasher Help Forum. 

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forumsphpbb3/dishwasher-forum/

You can, as a cheap try, have a go at running the dishwasher through it's most intensive cycle empty with a bottle of the cheapest white vinegar emptied in it. But as said worth buying the proper cleaner too. I get mine from UKWG, Bosch one or good old Oust if done regularly.

Quite amazing the crud that builds up in them tbh. 

Popped into Robet Dyas for some dishwasher cleaner. Found them on offer. Got 2 packs of Oust for £4 i.e. x4 75g sachets. BUT I also saw the Kilrock one again on offer £6 for two 200ml bottles so that's 4 cleans. Just used it and first impressions are it's the best yet. Think it has phosphoric acid as it's base. (Wonder if a cheap 2L bottle of Cola would do the same???).

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/kilrock-big-w-dishwasher-washing-machine-descaler-400ml