Part Pee Warranty

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As above it is automatically included with the NICEIC notification process..

costs the pricely sum of £3.00.. 

(inc the notification fee)

so its just swallowed up within the bill that the customer pays..

Cant see what the probelm or issue is with any of it...

Do the job...

Notify..

Give customer bill inc extra £3.00

get paid... start next job..

Simples!!

:popcorn

wonder how legal that is, mis-selling of insurance, being forced to pay for something you dont want? just imagine the adverts in a few years time - 'have you had any electrical work done recently? if so, you could claim compensation for insurance you never asked for'...

I'm aware that we are charged £3 .....I'm also aware that we build it into the quote ...I'm also aware that its a mandatory part of the notification stuff......

I'll re-phrase the OP  ...did anyone actually sell one  ( before they realised that we were not interested and built it in)   and has anyone actually seen one . ?

Which insurance companies underwrite this stuff ?

I'm aware that we are charged £3 .....I'm also aware that we build it into the quote ...I'm also aware that its a mandatory part of the notification stuff......

I'll re-phrase the OP ...did anyone actually sell one ( before they realised that we were not interested and built it in) and has anyone actually seen one . ?

pangolin-picture.jpg

is this one?

I'll re-phrase the OP  ...did anyone actually sell one  ( before they realised that we were not interested and built it in)   and has anyone actually seen one . ?

The same insurance company that pay you when you go and put some dodgy work right I assume.

We have done this a couple of times, will see if I can find the paperwork of who paid.

wonder how legal that is, mis-selling of insurance, being forced to pay for something you dont want? just imagine the adverts in a few years time - 'have you had any electrical work done recently? if so, you could claim compensation for insurance you never asked for'...
I gave my assessor from Elecsa a hard time about this ax couple of years ago, before it was mandatory, where I stated I would never offer any insurance to anyone.

It's now the "mandatory" warranty.

Not sure what for!

It's to insure against any non compliances in the work that you do...

If you've done something that doesn't comply then they'll firstly ask you to go back and sort it out (if you don't then I think they'll kick you from their scam), if you won't go back then they'll get someone else to do it and bill you,,, if you can't because you're ill, the homeowner doesn't want you or you've ceased trading then the insurance kicks in and they get someone else to fix it..

So.... If the jobs done correctly in the first place then the insurance is worthless.... Does that remind you of the PPI fiasco?

It's to insure against any non compliances in the work that you do...

If you've done something that doesn't comply then they'll firstly ask you to go back and sort it out (if you don't then I think they'll kick you from their scam), if you won't go back then they'll get someone else to do it and bill you,,, if you can't because you're ill, the homeowner doesn't want you or you've ceased trading then the insurance kicks in and they get someone else to fix it..

So.... If the jobs done correctly in the first place then the insurance is worthless.... Does that remind you of the PPI fiasco?
and lets not forget that Joe from the pub fxcks up there is no "warranty" for him - so this is simple a scheme to fleece the hard pressed sparky.

Didn't know that Andy .

My assessor , ages ago, asked what I did about offering the warranty  , I said ,  "Nothing" .   He indicated that it was a widespread feeling .

Now of course its automatic......I presume the schemes approach our customers.      

A Pangolin Deke ;)

Well it begins with P :C
Not a penguin then ?

It's 50% of the notification fee ;)

Only if the brown stuff hits the fan does the customer get in touch with the scam provider, assuming the customer knows what the scam actually does!

My assessor does some of the remedial works when contractors go bad.

So just small enough for the ambulance chasers not to worry about but I'm sure the pot is pretty big.

It's Peter the part pee pangolin :slap

I suspect the insurance is like most insurances........ useless.  Holiday insurance, injury insurance, NATIONAL insurance.

I have a few friends who work in the insurance industry. It is usually the policy to reject a claim, which means the honest folk give up. Those that know the system (and scammers) know to keep at them and try and get more out of the buggers.

That guy from white rabbit trust described insurance really well. I shall try to share his view, as i cant remember the exact words.

'Insurance is like making a bet. For example, if i insure my wife i am making a bet she will die. If she does die before me i win the bet and get paid out, if not i lose.    Applies to everything,      insure my car, i am making a bet it will get stolen/smashed up, if it does i win the bet, if not i lose'

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 50% of the notification fee ;)

Only if the brown stuff hits the fan does the customer get in touch with the scam provider, assuming the customer knows what the scam actually does!

My assessor does some of the remedial works when contractors go bad.

So just small enough for the ambulance chasers not to worry about but I'm sure the pot is pretty big.

It's Peter the part pee pangolin :slap
I'm liking the pangolin .....he looks like a nice guy ..............people should consider the pangolin more than they do .

I bet there are people living their lives , who have never given the pangolin a passing thought .

I propose that the Forum ...nay,,, Britain,, should celebrate  Frazier Crane Day  followed by Pangolin Day .