Looking For An Apprenticeship

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am 19 and in my first year of my apprenticeship and getting on really well and really enjoying it. I am very good with hands on work and take in information very earlier, unfortunately due for unforeseen events my current company won't be able to keep me on. There for I am looking to contine my apprenticeship somewhere else. I have done bits and bobs of industrial and domestic and I have passes my Ecs exam and I am in the process of sending away for the card. If anyone is after a keen quick to learn apprentice leave your detail below and I'll get back to you.

Btw I am in Lincoln lincolnshire however I can drive and I am able to travel and I have most the hand tools and Ppe

Send me a PM and tell me who you have applied to in the area and I'll give you some pointers of some other firms to try

Hi I think due to me being a free member I can't or don't know how to pm, I have only just found out so I am updating my cv but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I live just out side of Lincoln but have my own transport and I am willing to travel

And about 3-4 weeks times ideal but for a job it can be discussed

Sorry mate for some reason it says you can't recive any messages If you can pm me your email I'll send over my details

Hi there

I am in here for my partner who wants ideas for how he can move from an unqualified electrician's mate to a qualified electrician as cheaply and as quickly as possible?

He has worked alongside pros for the last two years and has been offered a three year apprenticeship at 5.90 ph but unfortunately he can't take it as it doesn't cover his outgoings.

He is very quick to learn and has worked as an electrician's mate.

What options does he have to earn and learn asap? We'd be grateful for any sensible feedback :)

Thanks for reading...

Saz

The sensible option and possibly the cheapest? Is to contact the local college and look at the Nvq electrical installation. Whilst he is working alongside the Pro's he could do evening courses to gain certificates/qualifications thus getting both practical and theory knowledge alongside each other. May take 3 years to gain qualifications but guessing that he has been surviving on the money he is paid at the moment?