Cooker Thermostat Advice Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne67

Reaction score
Hi,

New here and looking for advice on thermostat problem with my elderly cooker please.

Its a Creda Contour model 48401, about 25 years old, but otherwise very reliable.  However, I noticed at the weekend it seems to be running hot, so borrowed a cooker thermometer today and it seems to be running way above the set temperature - 150 on cooker was showing nearly 250 on thermometer. Suspect the thermostat has gone, so looked online and found loads of spares sellers listing Creda thermostats, but as soon as I enter the model number, they all tell me that this part is discontinued. Was hoping it would be a £40 thermostat replacement rather than £400 for a new cooker!

Just wondering how much the thermostats actually vary?  Would a unit from another model fit?  I was assuming that one thermostat would fit a multitude of different makes and models, so as long as I get one rated for the same size oven, would it work?

Any advice appreciated, thank you

Latest posts