Can't Sync Dropbox On Ubuntu 13.10

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't for the life of me get Dropbox to work properly on either of two pcs running Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit (actually Zorin 8). The thing is I'm sure, at one time it WAS!

Another pc running Win 7 64-bit is all fine btw.

So, if I create a document on the Win 7 pc and save to the Dropbox folder it's fine on there but just doesn't show up on either of the Ubuntu pcs.

Anyway I uninstalled Dropbox and tried to re-install. I get a window saying "Requires installation of untrusted packages" with the options of "OK" or "Repair". I can click OK five times but nothing happens. After the fifth time the OK/Repair window disappears. The same if I click on Repair. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Selection_059.png

Check the file name for invalid characters?

I get this with some files.
Cheers. I was having problems re-installing from the Software Centre............seems to be installing / updating now after downloading the file direct from dropbox.com then running from the terminal:

$ cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64" | tar xzf -

$ ~/.dropbox-dist/dropboxd

Last edited by a moderator: