Impressive Skills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
use of adhesive to  support the inner pieces was a good idea. When I was a lad they used to get us to file a round bar square, then back to sphere, than square etc etc for about 6 months FFS - bloody CNC in the corner

I can't see the video without using a VPN because it's restricted in my area :( I've seen someone do a similar thing in wood and they don't glue anything together, it's the way they make the cuts in the solid block. I'm guessing you'd need a cnc milling machine to make one from aluminium billet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvo...

He does it the same way as you would with timber BUT he does it all on a lathe

Turns a ali round bar into a cube

Drills and boring bars the faces

Glue is used on last cuts to hold fragile centre in place

f impressive, i may give it a go if i can get dimensions right AND i can get access to my lathe!

Lathe is wedged in back of garage and i cannot access it at present

Thanks for the explanations.

Hi  Marvo ,   What is restricted in your area ?......Access to Youtube ?......don't like the sound of that .
Not the whole of youtube, just some of the videos on there have geographical limitations set on them. It's a PITA because it means I need to reaccess via my VPN which just takes time.

Baby hats,?!?!?!

Is there something we should know,?   :C
Don't panic :D I just seem to have reached the age where ALL my mates are having babies. I'm beginning to think pregnancy is a contageous disease. :eek:

could do with a new beanie hat, do you take commissions Miss S
When I have mastered the baby clothes I'll let you know :)