Ac Adapter Compatibility

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimatahriri

Reaction score
Hi People,

Could anybody please dumb it down for me without too much details if I could use an AC adapter with Input : 100—240V ~1.5A  (not 2.5A) 50—60Hz as a replacement for my original AC adapter which was an Input : 100—240V ~2.5A 50—60Hz?
The device in question is a tennis ball machine.

Muchly appreciated.

All that matters with the input is the voltage and frequency range so that is okay.

BUT make sure the OUTPUT voltage and current is correct (and whether it's ac or dc) as that's just as important to get right.

Chances are, because the replacement adapter has a lower input rating so it will probably also have a lower output rating as well.

Many thanks.

I checked the spec on the original one which is: 

Input : 100—240V ~2.5A 50—60Hz

Output: 12V==10A

The new one is pretty similar:

Input : 100—240V ~1.5A 50—60Hz

Output: 12V==10A

Almost identical, except for the input Amp which is 1.5A instead of the original 2.5A.

The machine company is quite sensitive with unapproved accessories and could cancel my warranty if things go south :)

Sadly, I'm clueless about electricals and just trying to avoid further problems.

Yes, I managed to get the polarity info from the manufacturer. I have to modify the output cable end since the machine uses an XLR plug. So hopefully, I won't blow the thing :)

Many thanks again.