DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Road Planning At Its Daftest .

Evans Electric

Went out to a customer today , not been on that route for a while ,  just as you leave the Birmingham boundary on a usually busy dual carriageway ...............this happens !!!!! 

For a long section the inside lane becomes a cycle lane that no one uses .

post-1408-0-90444100-1432306507_thumb.jp

Then :- post-1408-0-21604400-1432306569_thumb.jp

And :-  post-1408-0-28791100-1432306614_thumb.jp

Then eventually opens up again to how it was :-  

post-1408-0-89770600-1432306684_thumb.jp

Never mind the cycle lane I'd be more worried about the subsidence in the middle section!

how about this...

used to be a normal road until this happened

DSCF6337.jpg

unless you drive in the bike lane, there isnt enough room to pass anything other than a motorbike...

Bloody stupid ! .

I've said it before. There's a secret agenda with road planning. It has nothing to do with making roads efficient, but has everything to do with slowing down traffic to get us to stop driving.  Perfect example here, a whole empty cycle lane just waiting for a bike to use it.

the ONLY solution to your pain is move north. :run

Will trynto,get a pic next week, but basically

40 MPH road at back of airport, normal 2 lanes. Pavement on one side only...pavement is only 3' /4' wide and runs for 1/2 mile.

Down the middle of this pavement is a white line. Cyclists on the safe (field) side... Pedestrians on the road side. Every 100m is a signpost IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH reminding users which side to use. Each sign has a white line painted around it on the path.

They have just removed the signs....or pikeys have liberated them. So there are little diamonds painted on the path now!

Fricking joke

Which road is that? Hope it's on the north of the city

the councils get paid money for developing 'sustainable transport' and cycling is very popular to target money on. If cycling on the road wasn't so dangerous I would certainly cycle a lot more. As it happens I won't even contemplate cycling in the urban environment.

Now what really needs to happen is some proper joined up thinking, designated cycle paths etc etc. But what we get is silly bits of paint and buggered up roads, which I find annoying becuase it gives green ethos a bad name. Best thing most councils could spend the cycle lane money on would be filling in potholes making the road safer for all., and getting rid of the city yearly sized immigration issue. Might be some space on the roads then!

how about this...

DSCF6337.jpg

unless you drive in the bike lane, there isnt enough room to pass anything other than a motorbike...

Imagine one of these coming the other way!

300px-Arriva_London_bus_LT6_(LT12_FHT),_

:o

not quite london buses, but that road is a bus route

Don't forget it is illegal to drive in cycle lanes ;)

it has a dashed line...

That's just

how about this...

DSCF6337.jpg

That's just ***** ridiculous

Here's the London version....

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-22%20at%2021.43.

and a link to what used to be round the corner

http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/another_car_flips_over_at_dangerous_drayton_park_road_layout_1_1983354

:)

Which road is that? Hope it's on the north of the city

Hi  MeFil ,      its the route past the Jaguar ...then the Collector Road parallel with M6 .. past Smith's Wood ...then past Chelmsley Wood  ...heading for  Balsall Common .

Comes under Solihull there ,   utterly crazy.

What about the miles of 2-3 m wide bright blue bicycle paths laid in London for the Olympics, even untill today i have never seen a bike on them

I had the impression that cycling was popular in London ,Slapper .   Obviously not .   We have loads of cycle paths here ...can't remember the last time I saw them being used TBH.

how about this...

DSCF6337.jpg

So what's the point of that then? Box ticking by civil servants?

how about this...

DSCF6337.jpg

What does the sign on the lamp post say?

"Single track road with passing places"?

Or is it a 3 lane road (for narrow cars)?  Remember those, where the middle lane was for overtaking by traffic in either direction but nothing to say who had priority.

I had the impression that cycling was popular in London ,Slapper .   Obviously not .   We have loads of cycle paths here ...can't remember the last time I saw them being used TBH.

That bloke in the Bates Motel,was a Cycle Path i believe.

You stole that one from The Revo  Kerch !!! :innocent

Cycle paths are a great idea. The idiots that implement them need sacked and made ride on them for ever.

Get them off the roads separate from traffic, more people would use them then thus freeing up road space

Archived