Wylex Nb30 Type2

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal Roberts

Reaction score
does anyone know if upto date Wylex NHXBs will fit in place of a Wylex NB type MCBs ?, i don't think they sell these anymore as new , was just wondering if there is any equivalents you can buy new or is it an ebay hunt. cheers ladies and gents 

This is why i tend to keep every MCB that i remove......

I get sick of the manufacturers changing config all the time.

Wylex were the worst ( never mind the dodgy MCBs that caused plastic DBs to burst into flames and lead in part to AMD3 changes) when they suddenly ditched the HB boards and breakers. I cannot speak for the rest of the country ( unlike LFB) but around here there were 1000s of them....every office block, Factory etc. which was a bit odd as Dorman Smith was only in the next town

Took out an old cream BICC 1361 board yesterday, the metal one with the separate isolator in a box below it

Saved the carriers and fuses.....all the 5A carriers had 13A 1362s in them!, all the 15s had wire wrapped around the pins.....4/5 turns on each 30s were ok

Will put in the drawer...just in case, as I know a couple of places that still have the boards.yes, I know they need changing

Took out an old cream BICC 1361 board yesterday, the metal one with the separate isolator in a box below it

Saved the carriers and fuses.....all the 5A carriers had 13A 1362s in them!, all the 15s had wire wrapped around the pins.....4/5 turns on each 30s were ok

Will put in the drawer...just in case, as I know a couple of places that still have the boards.yes, I know they need changing
I've had to ween myself off doing that sort of thing Kerch ..... the  Ah  this will come in useful one day syndrome ..... just binned a load of rewirable fuse carriers like Bill No. 4's  etc  . 

They actually came in useful about 25 years ago ....City Hospital needed some for an old board that couldn't be shut down  & updated until the dept. was moved for refurbing , so we were able re- fill it with some Bill  10A fuses as a temporary measure.

These days I still remove certain stuff ....  think this may come in sometime ...then talk myself out  of it and bin it .  

One of these? 
attachicon.gif
DSC_0241.JPG
I can imagine what you muttered under your breath when you saw that mess and the customer was asking for a "new fuse box"