JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Dno Q?

Blue Duck

Question

Blue Duck

Last time I found an Installation with no main earth (and a 17th ed board) I called up the Chinese bank who own the cables (UKPN) and the guy on the phone said he couldn't accept a reading from anywhere but the head!

I said how the fork am I meant to do that if I'm not meant to remove the seals?

He skirted round the issue and we eventually decided the head was too old and that would need changing so that sorted that.

Has anyone been asked for a reading from the head?

was he talking carp?

Do I just lie and say it was from the head or do I call Amelie?

:o

8 answers to this question

Badger

I'd have taken the reading from the tails in c/u and told them that's the best they'll get unless they did it

Blue Duck

Cheers badger, forgot to mention that someone had built a wardrobe over this one so the best reading I could get was from the nearest socket.

It also had no main earth making a ze a bit difficult :(

ProDave

Rock and a hard place springs to mind.

If you didn't take the reading at the head, he says you should.

If you told him the reading was at the head he would ask who gave you permission to open it.

Just typical of today's pass the buck, not our problem attitude, rather than properly investigating what might be a supply fault.

kerching

I would do my usual......."customer informs me".........children in the house....occasional smell of something burning when using high loads.......black stuff dripping from the head....they usually come out the same day

ProDave

Yes I have long since found it's no good reporting a "fault" you have to report a "dangerous condition"

Andy™

DNO up here are surprisingly good for this - tell them the problem and usually someone there within a few hours to sort it

steptoe

whats a MAIN EARTH ?  :C

Blue Duck

suppliers earthing conductor? DNO CPC? fat green and yellow cables thingy?

Archived