DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Lifetime Of Bulb

candylion

Question

they stole Deke's invention

Those DamnYankees  :innocent    We only wanted a bit more tax on a cuppa tea  ...what do they do ?  Sling it all into Boston Bay  & told us to sod off & take our Redcoats with us .

If they'd played their cards right they could have still been British today & we would have had somewhere to send all our imigrants .....they'd have a Queen ,  they'd be driving on the correct side of the road ..........they'd have no constitution ...no guns  & warm beer . No pleasing some .  :C

AND the wearing of long sleeved shirts could be made compulsory.....

None of this "every American has the right to bare arms" boll0cks

Jus saying, Sir YES SIR!

been stealing the Revs' jokes again.

apparently the national language of the USA nearly ended up as German - wouldn't that have change the world we live in. Just hope Candylion understands British humour before getting all offended like! :^O

I would not dare comment upon the Yanks sense of humour, same as I would never pass judgement upon their Diet, collective intelligence, education system, inability to spell Aluminium correctly, penchant for claiming that all of History was down to them, etc etc

USA the country that brought us "Friendly Fire"

careful, any more and you will need to start a dislike thread

Lamp....

Bulb.....

Seriously, now,,who cares?

Just saying

A proper electrician

friendly fire was going on long before the USA was invented

friendly fire was going on long before the USA was invented

Yeah but those were mistakes!

The Yanks decided to put a spin on it and term it the more 'acceptable' "friendly fire" didn't they?....i like to think they did.

Even if they did not I can still blame them, and say the Shiraz caused it

'blue on blue' springs to mind aswell. Friendly fire was an American term I think, but then it doesn't matter cos sh!te happens in all wars.

I use to work with a Greek Cypriot fella who laughed his socks off when an American frigate managed to fire 2 live missiles at a Turkish ship during an exercise in the Med many years ago.

Keep tring to think of some non-American examples, but as no one talks too much about such mistakes, it's hard to remember. I do believe the people of Brest have still to forgive the RAF for succesfully killing far more poeple than the Germans during WW2 whilst trying to hit the U-boat pens based there.

Hi, could anyone please tell me which bulb has the longest lifetime? Many thanks!

I suppose it can depend upon what type of bulb it is Tulip, Daffodil, Crocus etc whether you feed it and water it.

Sorry you mean Lifetime of a Lamp

well there is one in a fire station in america thats been on for over a hundred years...

ive got one in a cabinet still working from 35 years ago.

The one with the longest lifetime will be the one that fails last, subject tomthem all being put in at the same time

Ive got some bulbs under the stairs, been there for maybe 20years,

still look ok,

maybe I'll plant them next year,  :|

will there be any space next year?

mmmmm,

depends how desperate SSS gets I suppose,,,,,,,    :C

I presume you want to know which one to buy , that will last a long time  Candylion.  

The old GLS lamps  ( the ones Edison /Swan  invented)  appear to last a long time if you don't switch them off ....these are disapearing fast in the UK but LED type lamps have long life guarantees  .

What is the reason for asking ?

114 years! Don't make em like they used to :^O

but if you under run any lamp like that it will last for ever?

Regarding the lamp that is in an American fire station, sad thing is, it has its own webcam click here

Yet again our blue on blue, friendly fire, country invading, land stealing, oil thieving colonial cousins trying to create a bit of History....Sir, YES SIR,!

You think the lamp website is a tad boring........

Try this

http://smp.uq.edu.au/content/pitch-drop-experiment

Oh, and to put the record straight for all the Yanks.....Edisond DID NOT INVENT the electric light/lamp.......he improved upon a BRITISH INVENTION

http://inventors.about.com/od/lstartinventions/a/lighting_2.htm

Just clarifying

they stole Deke's invention

Hi, could anyone please tell me which bulb has the longest lifetime? Many thanks!

Is this related to your recent questions regarding LED lamps? If so LED's will be the ones with much longer lifespan typically in the tens of thousands hours compared with a couple of thousand hours for a traditional incandescent lamp. For exact durations you will need to look at manufactures data.

Doc H.

Archived