John Nash - A Beautiful Mind

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketflup

BDSM SUB & SWAGFAG™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to learn that Professor John Nash and his wife were killed in a car crash in New Jersey the other day.

For those not familiar, John Nash was a nobel Prize winning mathematician, who as well as having a mind sharp enough to be at the forefront of emerging and traditional areas of Mathematics, also suffered from schizophrenia.

A film was made chronicling his fight with his own mind, 'A Beautiful Mind' starring Russell Crowe as Nash, and is a good watch if you don't have time to read the book of the same name, a somewhat weighty tome.

Both articles offer a fascinating insight into just how delicate our psyches can be, and how illnesses such as Schizophrenia can be dealt with, and lives lived in its shadow. Prof Nash was still in residence at Princetown University and still offering breakthroughs in modern mathematics well into his dotage.

Rip John and Alicia Nash

Yes sad to hear both man & wife were killed .   I never heard of him to be honest , I noted on the radio that he was not very well off in his later years .

I would purposely not watch a film with that particular actor in it TBH. 

I know the feeling.... I probably did 5 years at college after leaving school....

and then I started an OU degree but jacked it in when I went SE....

I couldn't do SE, OU and a 5 year old...