Paperwork

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

says-les

Reaction score
What is the procedure after code C1, C2 and C3 faults found have been rectified.  Should there be a charge for retesting/inspection?

What form does a retest form take to give a clean bill of health?

Thanks

Whether you charge or not is your business decision. As for a certificate then providing a MWC has been issued for each offence then a mere cover letter should suffice to say all works completed in line with regulation requirement. Alternatively you are welcome to issue a second EICR if you prefer

As regards to finding c1's and 2's, futher investigations and retest should al have and extra charge, but its up to you. i would make that clear before starting the test. Really many times i have to do a circuit survey as there is no circuit chart and that can be very time consuming, that should be also an extra charge but I rarely charge for it

or as i do an eicr ill talk with property owner or person ordering the works. explain why its a failure and see if they want the faults rectyfying then if the client does ill then book the job in and go out and rectyfuy and issue relevant pass certs customer happy and me happy because install is up to scratch of client doesnt want rectyfing then ill issue cert as fail and leave them to it.

Latest posts