DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Some Of These Old Boards Leave Much To Be Desired ......

Evans Electric

........took the cover off this one this morning to reconnect a shower for the bathroom fitter 

.post-1408-0-00203900-1432661031_thumb.jp

( my mate made it safe & promptly went on hols last week ...with the usual ..Oh could you just finish this one for me , its only a downlight.......well two actually  & thats it ........Oh & just refit 3 other lights , thats all .....I think......   erm   Oh yes  wire to a Saniflo , fit an RCD ...thats all  ....Oh and a  lighty up mirror in the big bathhroom . ) :(    Did I say change all the pull switches ?   :o

What could possibly go wrong with that?  It's obviously fed by a bit of t&e so there WILL be an isolator / fuse at it's source won't there, so what's the problem?

Ever thought of suggesting a CU upgrade might be a good idea?

I'll bet you will find some of those old MK 13A sockets, you know the ones held on with 4 screws, 2 top and 2 bottom, with terminal screw heads that sit proud of the plastic moulding.

What's wrong with that?

Won't need an RCD as the bathroom fitter is doing it and he's not an electrician therefore it's outside his remit. (Seen plumbers do this a lot with 3036 boards). :(

Just needs some blue and brown dragged kicking and screaming through it and it will be perfect.;)

Is it a woodie craptree?

Well its my mate's problem ,  I don't think they want to shell out for boards ...just two new bathrooms  ( Oh and a Bentley on the drive )

My mate said he spoke to them & they deafed him out , only spoke to the bathroom fitter , so they won't get much change out of my mate when he's back ...probably charge them double .

At least the main switch is on the left, so there's no confusion over circuit numbering.

What's wrong with that?

Won't need an RCD as the bathroom fitter is doing it and he's not an electrician therefore it's outside his remit. (Seen plumbers do this a lot with 3036 boards). :(

Just needs some blue and brown dragged kicking and screaming through it and it will be perfect. ;)

Is it a woodie craptree?

Yes its a Craptree  C50 board     looped off a wooden Wylex   ( There is an RCD on the shower feed by the way )  

ProDave   No confusion as there isn't any at all .

Looks like the backplate is made of wood :).been a while since I have had my head in a c50! seems to all be 3871's of various flavours these days :C

I ebayed a load of C50s to a bloke who sends them to somewhere in Africa. All he ever buys is C50s

Just saying

doubt it still works properly, cetainly wouldn't want to trust my life to it

I take your point there Binky but they were probably made to higher standards than the Chinese stuff that melts these days & creates recalls .

Old fashioned Made in England  Crabtree .   I remember when an apprentii  , firm I was with used to fit a lighting board near the doors of industrial units and used them instead of fitting  light switches .  

I had read they were so well made that they were used as switch gear. :)

I still find them in social housing along with GE, dorman smith,and federal electric of the same generation. I can only assume they still work? at the very least they've not caught fire yet!!! :lol:

I had read they were so well made that they were used as switch gear. :)

I still find them in social housing along with GE, dorman smith,and federal electric of the same generation. I can only assume they still work? at the very least they've not caught fire yet!!! :lol:

the wood is probably harder to ignite than the plastic most are made of now.

Never heard tell of one of those wooden type boards , Wylex etc  setting fire TBH .

Archived