DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Triton T90I

revjames

Question

Just been to have a look at this shower...

Property its installed in is very remote and has rainwater tank and a pump/filter.

Accessible by 4x4 or long walk.

Customer switched it on, seemed to be working fine (he did say it made a burning smell after a while) anyway, smoke started coming out and I pulled the switch. I started taking the cover off and the top of the unit caught fire! managed to put it out and remove cover.

The unit seems to be a cross between a power shower and an instantaneous one - 8.5kw.

Connections loose on top of cylinder and wiring burned. I didnt think it was really repairable so recommended replacing it. Big sign inside telling me to stop - before removing unit from the wall call triton.

I wondered if anyone has encountered these showers and if there is a better alternative for a pumped rainwater supply.

5 answers to this question

all triton stuff has that label inside

if its just the connections,  would repair them if practical to do so. triton showers are usually pretty good

I had a poke around and the neutral has broken off so not sure its repairable. Plus it was tripping a 40A breaker so element could be on way out too

and theres a big hole in the case where it caught fire so no IP65 protection now :)

I think it's safe to say it needs replacing now then.

Does it have a hot and cold supply or is it just instantaneous??

just cold supply like a normal shower but there is a motor inside. Water supply to the house is pumped/filtered from a rainwater tank.

Archived