Best Way To Work Out 2 Bed Flats Consumption

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cj01296

Reaction score
Best way to work out 2 bed flats consumption For the right size incomer. Thanks

If you calculate your total loads allowing for diversity that should give you expected max consumption and thus incomer required. Alternatively see what the DNO give you. Or are you filing out an application for a new supply and you are asked to state your max load?

Doc H.

What's the best way to work out max demand and divercity

Eg do I included a shower as its only running for a matter of minutes

Thanks

What I'm asking obviously you will not be adding everything together as that would be 100%. Just trying to find out the easiest way to see what kind of cable I will need to supply the flats

What I'm asking obviously you will not be adding everything together as that would be 100%. Just trying to find out the easiest way to see what kind of cable I will need to supply the flats

What is the incoming supply available? Does it need upgrading?

So many questions... so little detail

Perhaps you can give us some information as to what you think you should be doing to calculate demand and therefore cable size, it would give you more confidence in your abilities if what you show us is not too far off the mark, you will therefore perhaps gain some valuable knowledge thus experience to make you a better spark. :)

Hi I'm wiring a flat with

1 x lighting

2 x ring

2 x heating ring

1 x hob

1x oven

Just would like to know if you would dual rcd the board or use 1 rcd. Thanks

Clifford ,  one arseedee doesn't really comply with the "Inconvenience" factor when tripping .

As the Kerch says  , arseybeehoes are the better option .     I use dual boards  because my loop tester knocks them out but not the "proper" arseydees .