Switching 230V Wireless

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hoping someone may be able to help.

I am wanting to switch a boiler signal wireless (not using a stat)

i have a underfloor heating control box, and using the volt free contacts within the unit to activate a transmitter. this then sends a signal to a receive unit which then closes its contacts sending a signal to the boiler.

does anyone know where i can get such a transmit and receive unit that will achieve this?

Oh by the way the electrician didn't pull in the cable from UFH unit to boiler hence my predicament,

Many thanks in advance

Monty

Cheers trailer boy

i forgot to mention i had looked at that switch before.

just wondering if there was anything out there a bit cheaper.

anything out there a bit cheaper.
How much cheaper?

I have seen some kit that costs £5, so it is cheaper.

But what you have to ask is, how reliable is it, is it really suitable for what is needed and will the supplier still be around in 6 months time.

Also I should point out that you will still have to run a cable to power the transmitter. Yes you can opt for a battery transmitter, but when will the battery fail? when you least want it to and when you have forgotten its there is the answer.

Also being as its radio what if you install it, then find out the walls between the transmitter and receiver are foil lined?

Bite the bullet and install a cable. job done, wont fail, works no matter what the wall is made of, never needs batteries.