A Quick Computer Question For Anyone Online

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK   Thanks Murdo  , now to find how to copy the music stored on my PC to the CD  .

It may be a long night .

Ducky :-  Are you wav..ing to me or is it an alternative to MP3 ?

OK  Duck...  15 is OK  I guess .    Is it better than MP3 or what  ?  I never heard of it  TBH

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that ...in the words of Manuel in Fawlty Towers ...I know nothing .     I did achieve eventual success about 2 yrs ago & copied CDs to the PC  & then re-copied them for the car so it should be fine .     However I have now , of course , forgotten how I did it .

I have my book ...Vista for Dummies open  and I need to go to  Media Player .

Andy ;   Yes I recorded the music as data , plays a treat in the PC  but nowhere else. 

The music is already on my PC  ,   Ah  I see a problem .........they are vids from  YouTube ,,,not gonna work is it ? 

http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

or try go ogling for other software. be warned the sound quality of youtube vids won't be great!

You may not notice on the pc but on a hifi or in a car it may sound a bit digitised and tinny but depends on the quality of the recording.

.wav is one of the older audio file formats. ;)

MP3 is for music.

MP4 is for media, although music is / can be media, so are pictures

Why not buy an MP3 player and connect that to your car? I have an ipod in my car connected to the auxiliary input socket. Much less hassle than faffing around with cd's

Even Tesco sell an MP3 player for a tenner Click here Other suppliers of MP3 players are avilable

Hello! Not done this for years, but i had a cd player in the car once that would NOT play MP3's I had to pay a tenner for a program that would make MP3's into whatever file format it was for the thing to play it. My newer cd plater WILL play MP3's only now, the place i used to get them, Limewire, has shut down. I do not trust these file sharing things, just a lot of viruses i think, but might be wrong..

john..

MP3 is for music.

MP4 is for media, although music is / can be media, so are pictures

Why not buy an MP3 player and connect that to your car? I have an ipod in my car connected to the auxiliary input socket. Much less hassle than faffing around with cd's

Even Tesco sell an MP3 player for a tenner Click here Other suppliers of MP3 players are avilable
His car or van may not have an audio input so then it's a case of a Mp3 player transmitter and tube the radio to the same frequency

or a second class ticket to dottingham...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOVminyypWc

Thanks for the various advices guys .     There is nowhere to plug anything into the car radio  .

I wasted a few hours of my life pharting about with Mindows Media Player , which is supposed to do all this stuff ,  created a playlist but couldn't transfer to the disc ,  kicked it into touch TBH .

I'll try with the Duck's programme when I have more time , see how that goes . 

Would have thought things had moved on since my windows days (2011 :lol: ) and things would be easier but I guess that's Microsoft.

I would mention how to do it on Mac but that's not going to help! :slap

Nero burning rom was the best software IMO but you have to pay for .it there maybe a 30day trial ? There maybe some other windows buffs on here that may be further help!

Another option is that some factory car stereos would have a cd changer option & you can get an adaptor lead that allows you to use the cd changer function from an MP3 player. You have to get the correct lead and open up the dashboard a wee bit but you could have MP3 in and not worry about burning CDs which will end up in landfill strangling seagulls!

:)

OR you could spend £4.09 on the fm transmitter in RT9's post http://talk.electricianforum.co.uk/topic/28303-a-quick-computer-question-for-anyone-online/#entry388900

:lol:

itunes (which is available on windowz),  used to be able to burn an audio CD.

I remember having an iTunes play list, selecting burn an audio CD and it converted them and burnt them by the magic of iTunes.

My van stereo now takes an SD micro card, or USB stick, or MP3 DVD.   My old card has a tapes converter thingy that plays music from an iPod.

itunes (which is available on windowz),  used to be able to burn an audio CD.

I remember having an iTunes play list, selecting burn an audio CD and it converted them and burnt them by the magic of iTunes.

My van stereo now takes an SD micro card, or USB stick, or MP3 DVD.   My old card has a tapes converter thingy that plays music from an iPod.
I said I wouldn't mention how easy it was on a Mac :lol:

You can probably get a new head unit for £20 that will play anything or £50 if you want it to sound good!

You still got a tape in your car :slap typical BMW they were still putting them in cars in 2005 about 10 years after them demise off the cassette tape!