Alternative To 10Mm Cable Clips?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
forgive me I'm feeling a little dense today... got a shower job and the run is through a cupboard with hard brick wall and the space is very tight.

I don't fancy cable clips for this one. Is there a good alternative? got some p clips but they are only good for 6mm t&e.

I was thinking about a bit of tray :lol: but that might be a bit drastic!

dont bother with clips, just leave it dangling

and how much space is there? enough to get a drill in? few 5.5 holes with half a 6mm dowel and the clips will go in very easily...

yer, I would say trunking,

if there is no room for a drill, some gripfill,

make that the first thing you do, before you even unload the rest of your stuff,

that way it will have gone off enough by the time you get round to it,

quick tip, stick it on, take it off again, stick it back on, gets the air into the middle of it, goes off faster, (and stronger, apparently,)

Lets be honest the cr@p that people chuck in the back of cupboards a bit of mechanical protection wouldn't go amiss!

Wot they sed !      Or drill & fix a strip of wood & clip to that .  

Only a Duck would think of tray !!  :innocent      But I know what you mean , sometimes you can't even clip into the joints , compo is that hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your replies :D wasn't expecting this many responses to such a mundane subject.

The board is in a cupboard about the width of a mantel unit ;) also got water pipes, soil pipes, some shoddy swa supply cable and gas pipes with a very wobbly gas meter hence my reluctance to go flailing hammers in there.

It will probably end up trunking but I'm becoming allergic to it as I spend so much time with the stuff, another reason for my reluctance is the walls are a little rough and uneaven and it may look shat but who cares?

I like some of your suggestions, Andy with the homemade pin plugs! :) Galv trunking or conduit would probably be a waste and rb never sold me his bender! :lol: a bit of wood would be a last resort! I can get the combi in there so can drill holes to my hearts desire :)

Also noticed in my quest to find larger p clips I found these https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Accessories_Index/Dline_SD_CLIPS/index.html

Thanks again :D

Why not do it right.....................pyro and cable tray. :slap

(edited to get smiley to work)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tower pin plugs work, ok it's a faff to have to drill & plug for a nail, but, it does work.

I carry a box of them in the van just in case!