Nappit Assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
hi all

As asked about nappit a few weeks ago

i had my 3hr assesment today and glad to say i passed full scope

asseser was ok very frendly and helpfull

Not to bad after coffee and biscuits

mooose

thanks for reply's

did pull me up on one thing

I installed a new 3 phase board which I used as example

one think wrong was I did not number conductors l1 l2 l3 but board was as l1 l2 l3 and triple pole

new circuits brown black grey used no old colours

may be I read the reg wrong thought only numbers required if using all the same colours

or interconnection with old and new as table 7a appendix 7 on 3 phase circuits

that's all he picked up on

moose

did / do you have to correct anything to pass? if so, make a complaint

actually, id complain either way. sending someone to assess your knowledge of regs when they dont know themselves isnt very good

Hi moose man,

Tea and biscuits sounds suspiciously like Kevin Meehan to me.

If it is, then Kevin is a 5 Decade Wonder  Assessor!!

no revisit or correction required just a bit puddled why he pick me up on that should have got him to show me why it was wrong

in the regs as paddler said but as evens says passed for 12 months

much appreciated on replys thought I was going daft as kept reading reg and could not understand why I was picked up

moose

Moose,

You are correct, see reg 514.3, 514.4.4 & table 51 in the BGB.

My usual guy is great but some of the others .................firing questions at you until they trip you up ......and they will because they live & breathe the regs        But like Kerch & a few others ...I don't carry all this stuff in my head ....I know what is important , I know the everyday stuff  ....I didn't need that lecture on  isolating a circuit  FFS  after 100 years in the trade .........   anything else I have a £70 book I use to look it up .   ( And a Forum)

Actually since the 17th edition kicked in  .I have three  £ 70 books and 300 On Site Guides  .     All we needed back in the day was The BICC Electrician's Mate booklet & a  Letts Electrical Diary.