DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

I Make No Excuses For Regurgitating This Subject.

Evans Electric

Evans Electric

Kneepads gentlemen   ( & you Stepps)   Get some ...wear them I say unto you .

Monday , what was to be one socket , (boards coming up by heating guy)  as usual became 4 sockets , a telephone & an aerial .           Feeling it on the knees .

Tuesday ,  back over to Warwick area to finish stables job ,   doing OK,  standing up work .

Wednesday,  back on knees tracing ring main faults at a PIR job ...      up & down stairs 1000 times, knees bloody killing me .

I always wear pads now but didn;t when I was younger because, of course,  we were all indestructible.

So taking the rest of the week off to recover TBH ............so look after yer knees  befroe its too late. 

Andy™

most workwear has knee pad pockets built in... no excuse not to use them...

Blue Duck

I bought these last time you regurgitated :Salute

maxresdefault.jpg

NozSpark

I've got Snickers pads at the moment and they're great..... I had Scruffs ones prior to them and they were like a sheet of paper after only something like 6 weeks

Andy™

I've got Snickers pads at the moment and they're great.....

same here, although i still replace them after about 6 month

Evans Electric

I'm glad my regurgitation had some effect ...........  mind you a Duck wearing kneepads is somewhat disconcerting  .

I shall be banging on about facemasks in roof spaces next ....................in fact I'll go for it now .......

Don't go in the roof spaces breathing in all that crap you can see billowing up , highlighted in the shafts of sunlight ..its vile stuff and should NOT be allowed under H&S  involving follow up trades who are expected to dig amongst it finding cables etc. 

I dont kneel down anymore, I just use sprocket......

Not everyone can afford a Sprocket though  Paddler . 

NozSpark

I hope that you ensure that he's wearing the appropriate PPE then ;)

kerching

I shall be banging on about facemasks in roof spaces next ....................in fact I'll go for it now .......

Don't go in the roof spaces breathing in all that crap you can see billowing up , highlighted in the shafts of sunlight ..its vile stuff and should NOT be allowed under H&S  involving follow up trades who are expected to dig amongst it finding cables etc. 

And that is why, when the BYB comes into play, I will NOT be crawling around in roofspaces on a PIR

End of!

Sidewinder

Look after your knees you'll miss them when they are gone!

Andy™

3m versaflo...

Sidewinder

Trend Airshield Pro...

Andy™

Trend Airshield Pro...

got one. dont like it much, too bulky & heavy on the top. also cant get the ear defenders to work with it. versaflo has separate air pack. and you can get other headshields like welding masks etc

Blue Duck

Your customers will soon change their minds with you walking around in one of these...

gasmask.jpg

Sidewinder

How much Andy, I thought that the Versaflow was 2-3x the price of the Trend

misssweden

Cheers for the reminder Deke :) always wearing mine thanks to the warnings from you and some of the others on there with f****d knees. post-20541-0-23983300-1434011169_thumb.j

Andy™

How much Andy, I thought that the Versaflow was 2-3x the price of the Trend

££ lots

got mine on ebay, bit over £200 for a air pack & m306 mask. excellent condition, barely a scratch on it

well worth it, far superior to the trend. visor also pivots separate from helment, not on the headband like the trend

when i get round to it, will get a S series visor, probably a bit more suitable for lofts etc than the M306

the filters are also P3, not P2 of trend. there are also on your back so get a lot less dust in them compared to being on your head

binky

anyone know of knee pads thaat can survive a washing machine? Got fed up with the damn things coming out like cardboard after forgetting to take them out of trousers.

Sidewinder

My Snickers knee pads are washing machine washable.

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/8S5600/455028/Snickers+9118+Floorlayer+Kneepads+Black%2FGrey

Other suppliers are available!

This is where I got mine as the branch is around the corner from one of my customers, and I get some discount there.

I saw the knee pads first, then got the trousers to match.

Archived