Quattro Lnb & Multiswitch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, now my problems have started,

changed my quad LNB to a quattro LNB and fitted a multiswitch,

now I have no picture,

checked signal,

78% signal

84% quality

what have I done wrong,?

checked all the connections were to the right inputs on the multiswitch from the LNB,

or am I missing something obvious?

is this my problem?

it is a mk4 sky minidish I have,,,,,

nobody makes a Quattro LNB to suit an oval Sky minidish. The dish for a Quattro has to be circular, as seen by the LNB.

There's a lot of guff talked about oval and round dishes and LNB compatibility. But with today's modern high power satellites the signal is so strong it's not going to cause you a problem.

Are you SURE you didn't move the dish at all when you changed the LNB?

One one of the setup pages on the sky box along with the signal strength it should also tell you "network ID" and "Transport stream"  Let me know what it says for those two numbers.  There is also a "lock indicator" that will say locked or not locked.

I checked the strength after I changed the lnb ,

and discovered I had no signal,

I'll get the sky box dug out and see what it says on it,

btw, it was the sky box that I used to check signal strength so there would be a comparison,

right, been p****** about for the past hour, trying to move the dish etc,

and,

either the LNB or multiswitch are faulty,

put the quad lnb back on , wired straight into sky box sitting in back yard, [where its been all along so I can see the tv], and full signal and strength straight away,

now, how do I tell if its the lnb or switch thats faulty?

can I wired the quattro straight into the box?

Try a cable from the sky box straight to the quatro.

It will only work on one of it's 4 outputs, and which one depends on which channel is selected, so you will have to try all 4 until you find one that works. (and of you change channel you might have to swap to a different output)

My guess is despite your best efforts you have got the cables jumbled up.

It will only work on one of it's 4 outputs, and which one depends on which channel is selected, so you will have to try all 4 until you find one that works. (and of you change channel you might have to swap to a different output)

you could well be correct,

I checked them 3 times, but I got myself confused at one point,

Ive fitted the quad back on, what Im going to do is connect one at a time to it and label each end, then disconnect it and connect a different one,

you are in fact totally correct,

I had the 2pairs mixed up,  :|

all working correctly now,

thanks for the help,  :)

Latest posts