I Phone 5 Users And Beyond

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISSWWW

Reaction score
This new (ish) product from Flir is proving very popular, http://www.flir.com/flirone/ , it might look a bit of a gimmick but it really does have some great uses in general contracting and plumbing situations.

This particular model is for iPhone 5 / 5s but very soon they will have one for 6 and Android.

We have it on our site here http://isswww.co.uk/flir-one-thermal-imaging-adaptor-for-smartphones and of course we can do the Forum membership a special price of £120.00 plus Vat

Or 

If you are in the Market for a Megger MFT1720 we are offering one of these Free as a gift http://isswww.co.uk/megger-mft1720

Would this work with a Blackberry Leap?

I have a workaround so can download apps from Google Play.

Can you save images - even a simple screenshot?

I want to do a small study looking at heat generated in cow's feet using different kinds of abrasive disc. This would be perfect. (if it would work with my phone and allow me to save images).

It's common to use an angle grinder with various discs to trim the majority of material off overgrown cows feet.

Most professional trimmers use ones with blades:

DL-Disc.jpg

But various abrasive discs are sold for this purpose:

16348-480x400.jpg

16342-480x400.jpg

hoof-disc-standard_290_290_120106050200.jpg

Generating too much heat can be a bad thing. No-one has looked into this as far as I know.

Would this work with a Blackberry Leap?

I have a workaround so can download apps from Google Play.

Can you save images - even a simple screenshot?

I want to do a small study looking at heat generated in cow's feet using different kinds of abrasive disc. This would be perfect. (if it would work with my phone and allow me to save images).
I will check into this as i'm not sure about Blackberry, will report back, I'm out and about just now so you caught me on the hoof a bit  :innocent

No bother. It's taken me 3 days to spot this thread......
Answer from top guy in the US...   

[SIZE=10.5pt]While the Leaf has a micro USB connector, I don’t believe we plan to develop the FLIR ONE app for that phone[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sorry[/SIZE]

Given the current topic of discussion I found that amoosing
Thanks for spotting that, cream always rises to the top

get a flir TG-165...
I was looking at those.....but spare money is tighter than a Nun's chuff at present.

SERIOUSLY not good at present...and it is quite likely to get worse for a couple'of months!! :( :(

Then it should get a LOT better;)

Could be worse, could be working outside in the rain

[SIZE=10.5pt]While the Leaf has a micro USB connector, I don’t believe we plan to develop the FLIR ONE app for that phone[/SIZE]

I might see if I can get the Android app working and take a punt when the Android version is launched

Canoeboy said:
How long do you want a flir imager for Pache ?
Potentially a week or two. Dependant on getting enough cows feet and the gear together.

Worth a punt at £120.....

Okay this attitude REALLY bugs me.

It's a CAMERA with a USB interface.  Okay not an optical camera but an IR camera.

WHY OH WHY tie it's use into certain brands of smart phone for which they supply an "app"

Why not give it the same interface as any other camera? then it could be used with any phone or even any PC that can use a USB web cam.

I would quite like one to plug into a laptop for instance.

They really are limiting their market by making it just a posh add on for a few makes of smart phone rather than making it a generic USB IR camera.

Hopefully something will be along from Hong Kong or China soon to properly address market needs......... (probably useing their ripped off technology, serves them right for restricting it too much)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay this attitude REALLY bugs me.

It's a CAMERA with a USB interface.  Okay not an optical camera but an IR camera.

WHY OH WHY tie it's use into certain brands of smart phone for which they supply an "app"

Why not give it the same interface as any other camera? then it could be used with any phone or even any PC that can use a USB web cam.

I would quite like one to plug into a laptop for instance.

They really are limiting their market by making it just a posh add on for a few makes of smart phone rather than making it a generic USB IR camera.

Hopefully something will be along from Hong Kong or China soon to properly address market needs......... (probably useing their ripped off technology, serves them right for restricting it too much)
Dave,

That's similar to a Windoze program working on mac or Ubuntu, 

It's just that silly people that buy iThings will buy expensive iAddons,  

Android, on the other hand is a LOAD of different manufacturers all using the same OS,  

Apple have 32% of the smartphone market and android have 58%, 30% of that being Samsung. So that's 90% of smartphone users that these devices are aimed at I wouldn't say that's a narrow market. :C

There is also the flir c2 which is about £600 probably the same as an iPhone 6 and the flir one? I'm sure MM stocks them.

https://youtu.be/euMsMH71l1Q

:)

Total bullsh1t.

Is the UDDER Flir a better one?

Will this one actually record images so I can show them to clients...just thinking of a 'quick add on' for Inspection reports

Seriously thinking about getting one....next time somebody chooses to pay me!

...did you get my pm about Armeg?
Yes it does store images in it own roll.

I did get your PM, what i didn't get yet was the kit, sorry