DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Extractor Fan Control - Wiring Size

gembrain

Question

Got a ceiling mounted extractor box that controls/powers an external extract fan via a plug in connector. The extractor box is supplied by 1.5mm cable with a fused isolator.

Connecting it to a Solar and Palau TD500 fan - max consumption 50w.

Does this part classify as a "control circuit" so 0.75mm flex OK or does it need to be 1mm for an appliance?

No requirements stated by either the extractor box manufacturer or the fan manufacturer.

Thanks.....

3 answers to this question

I have no idea, but you are talking about a few pence per metre difference for the larger cable so i would just fit it.

Not knowing any exact spec 50W only needs a very small dia cable, how long will the cable run be ?

Cable run all of 3 metres. No insulation involved.

Have some .75mm 4 core heat resistant which theoretically would be fine - just wanted to save myself a trip out :)

.75mm would be fine for the fan but depending on the size of fuse it might be worth checking it would make disconnect times in the case of a fault. 

Archived