• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ex School Technology Classroom Machines

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I may well be removing the machines from a school technology suite shortly.

Anyone think they might be interested, mainly wood working & mainly 3ph, but some may be single ph.

Details to follow.

What sort of prices? real prices or weighed in as scrap?

If by chance there's a single phase lathe then do let me know. (or one that could reasonably be converted by changing the motor and a bit of messing with the controls)

Machine list, I have indicated where I know that they are 3ph or not.

Startrite 502E  Narrow Bandsaw – 3ph

CNC Lathe – Boxford MT2 – 1ph 13A

CNC Miller – Boxford 300 VMC – 1ph 13A

CNC Miller – Boxford 260 VMC – 1ph 13A

CNC Router – Boxford A3 HSR – 1ph 13A

Pillar Drill, Union FW240 Serial No. C00422

Pillar Drill, Viceroy 20 TDS 23

Scroll Saw, Hegner Multicut 2 – 1ph 13A

Viceroy Buffer, TDS/9/DE/R

Belt Linisher / Disc sander, Clarke, SC6-9C – 1ph 13A

Wood Lathe, Viceroy TDS6/SB/WL

Wood Lathe, Viceroy TDS6WTL

Pillar Drill, Startrite

Buffer, Kango 8372 – 1ph 13A

Disc Sander, Viceroy TDS25/BDS

Morticer, Multico K/3

Horizontal Tool Grinder, Viceroy Sharpedge TDS

Bandsaw, Startrite 18-S-5

Pedestal Grinder,Viceroy TDS 10/C/G

Wadkin AGS 10” Table Saw

Wadkin 12” BAOS Planer Thicknesser – 3ph

Rexon RDM50B Plus Pillar Drill – 1ph 13A

Disc Sander, Warco DS12 – 1ph 13A

Oh & 3 off 3ph Startite 352 bandsaws.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, they are not being stopped from using them.

The school is being knocked down and a new one built.

They are having all new machinery, there is a "big" name in school technology supply that has persuaded the school/board/authority, that all of the old machines are dangerous and the wiring does not comply with low smoke requirements etc. etc.

So, all of the old kit is going and they will have all brand new machines in the new school, all probably made in China fabrications, rather than for example the huge lumps of British cast iron that the Wadkins are.

Quite Andy, I agree, but, the authority have jurisdiction, and the big name have the contract so their word is gospel, even though they have been unable to answer the questions that the school asked.

Me I could never fire the bullets, that would be a conflict of interest, I just make them and hand them over for firing...

Apache,

Not much I suspect, I will know by the end of next week.

Steps,

The CNC machines are bench top models, hence the 1ph 13A supply.

You can search the models on the web, I suspect.

I think it is so sad..

Thing is, the school, LA, country, are all run by cretins that have never, [and would not be able to] screw a nut onto a bolt. Lets get rid of all this quality british stuff, and by a load of chinese junk [complete with fake CE labels] and by a labour LA too... You should contact Paul Flynn the local MP. Trust me, he would be interested.

Think if you saved the school thousands, they should at least give you half....

Tell the headmaster to ring up a machinery dealers and get a price for some of the british stuff, then tell him to pretend they have some of the chinese stuff and get a price for that...

I would have thought the school governors would have had more sense, especially as in recent years here in just this little town Llanwern steel works has gone, Whiteheads too, and now, very recently, just about a mile up the road from the school, Alcan has also gone.

Told you the school was awash with money!!!!

Ask if you can wire up the new one for them.......

john...

very interested in the linisher, small pillar drill would be useful, just trying to decide if I can justify a cnc mill, and if I would ever use it!

Would love 1 of everything, but I would have to build a new garage and I don't really fiddle with stuff enough, it would be more nostalgia for my old machine shop days.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite taken with the CNC mills......all down to cost really but I suppose bigger is better.

Never used one before, but my sons best mate is a CNC milling whizz. He won the BAe apprentice of the year, UK Skill,Olympics and went onto the World Championships....where he did not come last, or even next to next to last.so he can teach me

Just let me know the prices and that will,decide. With not earning at present I will have to smuggle it past the wife

Just plotting

I am sure I could make room in my workshop for some of these items, as others have said what a shame it has come to this but there is no way we can these items go to waste. Thanks for posting Sidey.

I worked part time as a technician in a university technology block. you could make anything there!

wood, plastic, metal, huge ****off compressors, all the tools you could ever need!

Bloody students never turned up! to busy being hungover or making tents so the uni lost interest and sold the land to developers :(