Anyone Had One Of These Letters?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scan0001.jpg

What is the point of a letterhead that says ****** all about the company  I ask ?

I thought , upon opening it , that were looking for a sparks to look after their office electrics .........but I'd guess they are some sort of agency ........and my feelings towards agencies have been well aired on here .

( See  Forum Highest Reputation  at bottom of opening page  ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say Deke that they are not an agency, I would guess that they are, looking for a spark to help them out on site and for their temporary markets.

Checking them out on the internet, they are a legit market trading company.

If you want the work, try contacting them?

im not so sure SW, if they wanted him to do some work, then surely they should be asking him for either an estimate or to do the work, not 'were looking for someone to add to our list'. kinda looks more like an advertising scam scheme, give them any details and im sure they will be straight on the phone for your payment to be included on the flyer / list / whatever

Perhaps, or perhaps not, it is one way of a first tier cull, only those interested will respond?

Then they can weed them out from there?

Previous trading name In Shops ltd  http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails

IN SHOPS.JPG

some issues down at Brixton when In shops went bump new name Market Village Company

http://www.brixtonblog.com/uncertainty-traders-brixton-village-owners-inshops-centre-go-bust/19592

This could either be a sign they are sorted out after a trading hiccup, or it could be a sign they have poor trading practices and could go bump again.

and or it could mean that a company originally established in 1987 has trouble finding electricians to do work for them because they are very slow paying their invoices?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
despite being my birthplace, I would suggest this is yet another scam. I trust absolutley nothing that comes out Liverpool that involves marketing, especially when its as rough as a rats arse dragged over broken glass :red card

As said , its a very poor letter TBH .         I looked on Glooble but could really decide what the hell they are .     A long list of executives "Removed".

They obviously don't realise that as they know I',m  NICEIC/ELECSA  I would automatically have PI insurance ...they already know my address as they wrote to me .   They've obviously looked at the Register as I'm 2 miles from their office in what they call Perrybarr   ( Perry Barr)   & 5 miles from Sutton Coldfield.

TBH I don't like being added to "data lists"    ...although its the way of the world these days .

Maybe they've heard that you're the longest serving spark in the area and believe you're their man :coat
You mean they're after a crochetty , cynical old barsteward with ******** up knees who only works 3 days a week  :innocent  

data lists = winkers, like you need to be on a list to get work. It's a scam, or at least the start of one.

We've been shoved on various lists over the years, only the local council list means anything at all..