DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Led Bulkheads

Evans Electric

We installed lighting in a stable last week using these JCC LED  circular bulkheads for the first time .  

I suppose our previous choice would have been 28w  or 38w  x 2D .  

Can't see the effect too well , with the sunlight but they're certainly effective ,  7 year guarantee if the customer registers the work .   Not sure how effective that is but its better than a cheese grater on the scrotum .

post-1408-0-33487500-1434740567_thumb.jp  

post-1408-0-90143500-1434740579_thumb.jp

post-1408-0-50854500-1434740594_thumb.jp

I thought horses didnt like the hf from led ballasts?

Installed a few with the microwave sensors (bell i think), very effective.

I thought horses didnt like the hf from led ballasts?

Now he tells me  !!!  :C           You're thinking of ducks ...right ?

I may have just made that up!? :lol:

Been one of them days!

:(

would have thought 5ft LED strip fitting would work better in that scenario. Certainly seem bright enough.

Binky   my immediate thought when they asked was for fluorescents on chain hung from the apex  , straight down the centre.    ( I'm not sure how good the  LED tubes are as yet.

However the client asked for  " Six of those square bulkhead things with the funny shaped fluorescent  bulb in them"     (    28w X 2D to us )

So we just upgraded to LED .

Have you ever tried an LED Conversion in a emergency 2D fitting?...ie keep,all,the gear and just swap the lamp?

think you need to change the back-up bit aswell for LED

That was a thought of mine as well. I am sure I have been to a site where there are all 2D 4 Pin 28W M3s on the corridors and some have been fitted with LED BUT there was no charge light showing

I shall investigate some more

Ta

I've used the kosnic led conversion lamps & battery packs & have been very impressed, just snip out the old gear, link supply to the lamp holder job done.

LED florries have improved a lot - this car park was dark and grim before we converted it

post-490-0-70652000-1434922582_thumb.jpg

LED florries have improved a lot - this car park was dark and grim before we converted it

attachicon.gifcar park.jpg

What make did you use?

Just curious

attachicon.gifcar park.jpg

Nice one  , now it looks bright & grim  :innocent

yep you can see the muggers coming..... :ph34r:

the fittings also incorporate dimming to 10% controlled by microwave sensors, so it never gets completely dark (even when dim is was better then the old CFLs). This gave an energy saving of 56% and apparently prolongs the LED life significantly. Would have been even better with Lux sensors, but they didn't like the price. limited finances and all that. Very good feedback for the female customers who regularly use the car-park who didn't feel safe before.

Got some more piccies somwhere, that photo was taken from about 500 yards, bit surprised we didn't get 'light pollution' compliants.

Archived