Led Bulkheads

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We installed lighting in a stable last week using these JCC LED  circular bulkheads for the first time .  

I suppose our previous choice would have been 28w  or 38w  x 2D .  

Can't see the effect too well , with the sunlight but they're certainly effective ,  7 year guarantee if the customer registers the work .   Not sure how effective that is but its better than a cheese grater on the scrotum .

Image009.jpg  

Image017.jpg

Image016.jpg

Binky   my immediate thought when they asked was for fluorescents on chain hung from the apex  , straight down the centre.    ( I'm not sure how good the  LED tubes are as yet.

However the client asked for  " Six of those square bulkhead things with the funny shaped fluorescent  bulb in them"     (    28w X 2D to us )

So we just upgraded to LED .

I've used the kosnic led conversion lamps & battery packs & have been very impressed, just snip out the old gear, link supply to the lamp holder job done.

LED florries have improved a lot - this car park was dark and grim before we converted it

attachicon.gif
car park.jpg
What make did you use?

Just curious

yep you can see the muggers coming..... :ph34r:

the fittings also incorporate dimming to 10% controlled by microwave sensors, so it never gets completely dark (even when dim is was better then the old CFLs). This gave an energy saving of 56% and apparently prolongs the LED life significantly. Would have been even better with Lux sensors, but they didn't like the price. limited finances and all that. Very good feedback for the female customers who regularly use the car-park who didn't feel safe before.

Got some more piccies somwhere, that photo was taken from about 500 yards, bit surprised we didn't get 'light pollution' compliants.