New Email From Dvla

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Had the following email today............nothing to do with me so I suspect it is a scam with the attachment holding all sorts of troubles.    Important: Confirmation of your successful

Direct Debit instruction

Dear customer

Vehicle registration number: FG08OEE

Thank you for arranging to pay the vehicle tax by Direct Debit.

Please can you check that the details attached below, and your payment schedule are correct.

If any of the above financial details are incorrect please contact your bank as soon as possible. 

However, if your details are correct you don’t need to do anything and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal. You have the right to cancel your Direct Debit at any time. A copy of the Direct Debit Guarantee is included with this letter. 

For your information, the collection will be made using this reference, and this is how your payment will be detailed on your bank statements: 

• DVLA Identifier: 295402
  • Reference: FG08OEE
Your vehicle tax will automatically renew unless you notify us of any changes. We will send a new payment schedule at the time of renewal.

Yours sincerely

Rohan Gye

Vehicles Service Manager

DVLA_Logo_En.png

thats weird... i got the exact same one this morning

it has a .doc attachment, i seem to get quite a few of these

EDIT:  looking at mail logs it has came through 8 times within 30 mins, sent to 4 different email addresses

Someones tried to copy the layout of the pukka DVLA email...

But forgot to put three lines in...

We renewed ours earlier this year and went for DD payments but the DVLA send the email with your bank details listed for you to check...

as follows:-

Dear Mr YOUR NAME HERE

Vehicle registration number: REG NO HERE

Thank you for arranging to pay the vehicle tax by Direct Debit.

Please can you check that the details below, and your payment schedule are correct:

• Account name: ACCOUNT NAME HERE
  • Account number:LAST 4 DIGITS OF ACCOUNT NO HERE
  • Bank sort code: SORT CODE HERE
If any of the above financial details are incorrect please contact your bank as soon as possible.
:shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had one from Yahoo  (Not)    

Your account is about to expire , if you do not act NOW you will lose your emails and everything ....yada yada yada !!

Forwarded to BT .

I suppose its something we have to put up with ,  I printed off an email before deleting ... from Nigeria ....  something like........

" We have this dead body what is your distant relative who you are the only existing relative what is left and was in a traffic accident have inherited $ 10 million so  what we want to send you but need your bank details what we must have immediately to us for to send quick all the money to you.  "