DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Led Garden Lights

Evans Electric

Just looking to order some quality garden light fittings for a customer  ...over £1000,s worth .

Collingwood  LED  stuff ...looking at the drivers etc........  I notice in their catalogue ...Type of wiring ----  Series .

Glad I spotted it TBH  as I had not given that any thought ..and would probably have wired them in parallel before realising .

Just launching a warning buoy into the troublesome waters that lap at our feet and dragging us down ................yo Bro ..just launching into a spiritual there :C I think ...... Troublesome waters I'm fearing no more , guiding my boat back safely to shore ...come on Revo sing along !!! :Applaud

fitted some similar a while back. 3 or 4 per driver in series. bit awkward trying to arrange layout etc to suit it

Some of these are step lights , have to drill a 50mm round hole in the brickwork  without breaking the walls up . As you say ,  I'm ordering a driver for 9 fitts in series    then theres ramp lights , pergola lights & spike lights.  

IIRC, I believe Collingwood do both series and parallel drivers.

Maybe worth checking.

Thanks for that Loony   I'll look into those .

No problem, had same problem, only I'd already wired them in parallel and had to get wholesaler to reorder driver.

I have to drill 2"   (50mm)  holes in the new garden brickwork  , which is more of a bother ,  I know there are engineering bricks there but hoping the others are just ordinary bricks .  

Still , after picking that bag of building sand up last week & pulling a back muscle , I won't be rushing at it just yet TBH

put the core drill through a sheet of wood then use that as a guide to get it to start in the right place. much better using a pilot drill. then use plenty water, should go through fairly easy

Thanks for that , good idea with the wood ....its posh brickwork. 

Archived