This Is Interesting!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a look at this; It is the DVLA service for checking your driving licence. You will need your national insurance number and your licence number too.

You will be able to see when you passed your test and when you got your first provisional too!! Brought back some memories for me i know!!

john....

Good innit!! Got my provisional on 13th march 1979, 4 days after my birthday. Can still remember it now! Naughty me had been driving for years by then!! There was this one kid that lived by me, he is dead now, but anyway, when he was 14, he sent off for a driving licence..... and they sent him one!!! He used to ride around on his RD200 and we were all amazed!! He simply put a fake date of birth on the form!! The police used to pull him, but he would just produce the thing and that was the end of that!!!

john...

Have a look at this; It is the DVLA service for checking your driving licence. You will need your national insurance number and your licence number too.

You will be able to see when you passed your test and when you got your first provisional too!! Brought back some memories for me i know!!

john....
is it just me?

I dont have a link,,,,  :C

i just googled

dvla licence

and, I know my NI number in my head, I also know my medical number, :|   I have no idea why, as I dont recall ever being asked for it,  :C

Just had a look and yes  ....I DO live here AND  have no penalty points and can drive class A vehicles.

Just remembereing that the driving licence number is your birthdate mixed up ...well mine is anyway .

I'll tell you what,

its wrong!!!!!!

I passed my car test and bike test on the same day,

it shows them as being 6 weeks apart,!  :C

maybe its some legacy problem with my licence originally being NI, it does say it cannot do NI licences,,,,,,,  

You're not wrong Steps.....

It shows that my license became valid in 2011,,, that's when I moved house,,, not when I passed my test.

However I didn't realise that I was able to ride any size bike on a provisional :0

I looked at my info, its all ok, then I went onto the organ donor bit. did you?

Mine too shows

valid from: mar 2013  (Date i moved and got new type license)

on vehicles i can dive section most say,

start date:  Oct 1995  (date i passed driving test)

but some say

start date : mar 2013

start date : jan 2013

I cant see where i got my provisional.

At first look it seems as if i passed my test in 2013

Hi all,

Mine might be different because i have been at this address since before the DVLC was thought of.

They have got some funny dates on new groups to do with funny classes of euro nonsense, but the dates i passed my tests are all ok. I know when i got my provisional because that is the start date for some of my provisional groups, mowing machines and that sort of stuff. It is all a lot of bollocks really, so far as i am concerned, i passed a test for A + E and a provisional for any vehicle other than a vehicle in group X [Track laying vehicles i think, you know, caterpillar tracks] then my HGV 1` then my bike test last year.

john...