Tv Licence

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been done before but...

**** them and their s***** licence. I hardly watch anything on the BBC!

For ****s sake its not really worth the ******* £145.50p a year for "unbiased" news and utter shirt lifting nonsensical **** excuses for entertainment.

is not time this archaic relic was abolished and then we can spend our 145 quids on something more useful like crack or whisky???

:lol: sorry for the rant but I had one of their threatening emails :eek: I wouldn't want to be unlicensed!******* *****!

Mrs duck says no! We have to pay it to watch eastenders :( well that's that then....

thieving bastards it's not a telly it's a 40" microwave!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This afternoon on the news they said there is an all time high in the number of homes that don't have a tv (not don't have a license but still have a tv). They gave a load of ballcocks as why but i recon its because so many watch on various computer/internet /wifi devices.

We only ever watch Internet now, 

You only need a licence if you actually watch broadcast TV, or record broadcast TV,

If you can convince your missus to watch it on catchup then you don't need a licence. 

Yeah,

I was a bit upset with their threats It's all they got these days now the threat of TV licence detector vans has gone. :pmsl:

Was tempted to unplug the TV and tell SWMBO that its broken and she'd have to watch everything on catchup.

Still think its antiquated bollocks that we pay too much for the BBC. It advertises on BBC worlwide, sells licences for children's toys which are widely promoted on other channels and must make a shitload of money out of programs like top gear - the most watched television program in the world!

The reason they get after you is that the TV licence is like the road tax  , it all goes into a pot .

We never seem to find out how much they collect  but rest assured , the Beeb don't get it all .   they'd probably get  £1million from my road alone if that were the case. 

Its horses for courses I suppose , I know people will pay quite a lot for all the sport stuff & not complain .

I have about 200 channels on Freesat  , most of them utter ,banal, bilge .   One offers back to back episodes of Bonanza all day long.      Many of them cook thiings accompanied by men telling them how useless they are at cooking ...**** off !!

The BBC , @  0.40p /day is a lot cheaper than Sky  & Virgin I'd guess  and to me , well worh it as I find it difficult ,these days to watch anything with adverts in it .   

Although ITV put some good drama & series out ...the ads drive me to distraction .

For 40p / day  I get BBC   TV1......2.....3....4      Radio  2   3...4...5...WM ....4Xtra ...world service .

I could object I suppose , to having to pay for the Welsh language channel  and I dare say we also pay for the Scottish gaelic one too .

I have a customer who never had a TV until he got married ........every year they threatened him with court action .   He used to reply asking for the date of his court appearance ..........but they never took it any further .

It will be got rid of soon just like they did with the license you needed years ago to listen to the radio.

I'm quite happy to pay my TV licence - rather that and get bombarded with adverts OR in the case of Sky - pay a high subscription AND get bombarded with adverts!

my opinion still remains: **** them! pewter's video, although very annoying reminded me that these institutions have been harbouring paedopiles for decades!

and there's the golden parachute's.

the tv licence doesn't just pay for the BBC but the other main terrestrial chanels too. I probably watch quest more than any other chanel do they get money from the tv licence? I doubt it!? :C

still quite tempted to desaturate the tv and save £96/year :lol:

just the car tax, mot, parking permit and house insurance to pay now!

My mate who's a bit dodgey rekons its so much harder to stay on the straight and narrow.

He used to run a car no tax, no ins and no mot no problem have a few drinks crash it into a tree walk away with no comeback.

Same applies to everything else really TV licence bah, council tax bah it works well for the great unwashed and the purveyors of stolen items from the back of a transit.

:C

Edit:

"Eh" is a word if your slightly north of Birmingham ;)

My mate who's a bit dodgey rekons its so much harder to stay on the straight and narrow.

He used to run a car no tax, no ins and no mot no problem have a few drinks crash it into a tree walk away with no comeback.

Same applies to everything else really TV licence bah, council tax bah it works well for the great unwashed and the purveyors of stolen items from the back of a transit.

:C

Edit:

"Eh" is a word if your slightly north of Birmingham ;)
No no no   Virulent !!!!!         Bloody ducks    they never listen  :C

To all you watching only catch up tv without a licence, your time is running out.

Announced today that soon you WILL need a tv licence to watch catch up services.

Just thinking about the total amount of tax collected under the name  "TV Licence"      To let the over 70's be exempt from the fee will cost (somebody) over £600,000,000   ( Thats  six hundred million pounds ) .  I don't  know where this promise came from TBH  but someone has to find it .

Thing is , you keep doing stuff like this , along with benefits for half the world's population ,  open door immigration , families living on child benefit  yada yada yada   & suddenly you are in the same situation as Greece . 

must be shed loads of over 75's, I was astounded by the figure. The BBc have bowed to government pressure for some political reasons I don't quite understand. I think the license is actually good value for money, especially when compared to Sky etc. I like watching advert free TV, it's so much better than watching a film interrupted every 15mins by adverts for crap I don't want. However, I also think the BBc is bloated in its offerings, it's doing too much and therefore costing more than it needs to. BUT it also has a reputation for quality that e=means it can sell programmes world wide and earns money for the UK, and no doubt keep quite few people in jobs off the back of this. As it also happens I know quite a few people who work for the BBC, and they are a bunch of whingers who think they are underpaid deapite being on good money (at least by Plymouth standards).