Fluke 1653 Error 1

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catalin Neagu

Reaction score
Hi Lads

Just bought from ebay a fluke 1653 second hand. Got it 2 days ago in good condition,very nice looking,almost like new.

Got aswell new batteries and tried to switch on. ERROR1- self test fail.. I write 2 emails to the seller no replay

any suggestions or advice? Shall I go ahead and repair it? were? How much will be?

Thank you

Kat 

If it was advertised as "working" i would give the seller chance to respond, stating you wish to return it then open a dispute through ebay if you get no reply.

As above....how was it described in the listing? And how did you pay?

If i remember correctly Error 1 has two options....depending on whether it clicks and thuds when switched on or not.

One is a easy fix , t'other costa a fortune...new CCT board I think. Problem is I cannot remember if 'click and thud', is good or bad, I am thinking bad

Catalin,

I would go with the other guys above, go as far as you can with PayPal & eBay, etc.

If you do want to get it fixed, please do try our forum sponsor, Megger Mark, I'm absolutely sure that he can sort you out.

PM him.

His website: http://www.isswww.co.uk

thx for replays guys

I paid with Paypal

in description it was nothing about any fault !!! was stating as used few times and in good condition.

Is no click or sound when I switch on ,just 2 seconds of all digits on screen then error 1

I was thinking myself to give them 2 days for answering my emails....It my be a company(don't know)and not working in weekends...

I just PM Mark

Ill wait to see what will happen and give an update

Cheers for advices 

Do not quote me on this.....i have already been told I am not a "proper electrician" on another post...WTF!

Anyway, i "think" it could be an anti surge fuse blown inside.....could you have put it across a voltage when in "continuity mode"? Just a thought.

Even if it is only this , I would get MM to,check it over/calibrate it

First option.....get back to,the seller or go,through Paypal,resolution centre

Hi

quick update

the tester cant be repaired so ill get a full refund. i had enough this days chasing the seller and repair company and all that ******** and my time.

lesson learned.. just contacted Mark for a new one.... :B-

Hi

quick update

the tester cant be repaired so ill get a full refund. i had enough this days chasing the seller and repair company and all that ******** and my time.

lesson learned.. just contacted Mark for a new one.... :B-
That is probably the best move you will make for a long time!