Shower Wiring Quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

den123

Reaction score
hi guys what would be the cost to wire up a 9.5 kW shower is there anyone in Exeter or Devon who can give a price for cash thanks Dennis

as a rough price, expect £150 - £1500. even more if you want me to do it. and if you want to pay cash, itll cost you more than cheque / transfer for that amount...

If it's cash, "no income tax no V.A.T, no money back no guarantee" then I wouldn't pay more than you can afford to write off when you get it redone properly...

Why not contact 3 or more local electricians, ask them to come round and look at the job?  When they give you their written quotations you'll have a good idea of what is reasonable...

As for "discount for cash", do you really want allow someone who is prepared to steal (albeit from HMRC) into your home?

Sure you can pay cash, but my price will be the same for cash, cheque or bacs payment.

There may be additional costs dependent on how old your installation is!

If it's Plymouth side I can give you a quote - but as has been said it depends on cable routing, length of run, access, whether there is a spare way on your consumer unit, RCD protection etc. My advice for electric showers is use a gas boiler if possible!!!!

hi guys what would be the cost to wire up a 9.5 kW shower is there anyone in Exeter or Devon who can give a price for cash thanks Dennis
Just to expand a bit further on what the guys have said already. Is this installing a brand new shower, replacing a faulty shower, upgrading a lower power rating shower. If there is no cable or the existing cable is too small then the distance from the fuse box to the shower and how easy it is to route through the house will have a major bearing on the cost. Have you already purchased the shower or are you asking for a supply and fit price. From the limited information given so far I think Andy's figure of £150 upward is about as close as anyone could realistically suggest. Get three written quotes off local electricians and make sure if it is a brand new circuit they will notify to your LABC for part P compliance.

Doc H.