Acb Servicing And Periodic Testing, Who Do You Use

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As per title, who do you use for your ACB servicing and periodic testing?

Do you go to the manufacturer, or do you have a pet 3rd party that does this for you?

Thanks,

Normal services we use to do ourselves, the protection relay testing on the breakers was done by a 3rd party who for us happened to be the manufacturer of the boards.  In the LV boards there was mainly Terasaki ACB's and the HV boards had mainly ABB VCB's 

Thank you roys,

I have never serviced an ACB, it seemed easy the only time I was directly involved.

Until recently it has something that has been arranged normally by AN Other and just got done, I was never directly involved.

There may be a conflict of interest in using the panel OEM, still looking into what is what, so looking for an alternative.

I have normally used the breaker OEM until now, but that is where the conflict of interest may come this time!

Wasn't a bad job doing CB maintenance, think for some strange reason my favourite ones to do were the old GEC BVP 17 oil circuit breakers probably because nobody else liked them very much :)

As you probably know, once the isolations are in place the biggest hazard (in my opinion) is from charged springs, over the last 30 years or so I have had to check a couple of times that I still had all my fingers, tended yo be when there was a fault with the breaker and it had jammed rather than a normal service.