Shading From Other Property

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals.

What would be the normal practice in the following situation (see pic). Basically a south facing bungy is semi detached to a 2 storey house which is also ofset to the front.

Obviously this will cause major shading up until noon but using the normal recognised method, sunpath viewer from as close to middle of bottom of proposed array as poss, you wouldn't even see the offending shade cause.

So, what would you do? how much shade do you 'guess'

Thanks

pv.png

your sunpath viewer should pick up shade to one side, it's suppossed to give a 180 degree view.

Fit SMA with Global Optitracking to compensate for the shade issue.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bxIi4GiZakE?feature=oembed
and push panels away from house

and possible use a 285W panel to reduce array size and give greater gap fron house to bungalow.

Thanks for the quick response @binky.

To be honest the picture is a bit of an exaggeration with regards to the protruding, It sticks out maybe half  meter. Wasn't really visible on the sunpath viewer.

I would choose SMA given the chose, but this is contract work with the contractor choosing the gear. Guess I will just inform them of the shading issue, recommend SMA and have done with it. lol

Was just wondering if there was any tricks to it that I wasn't aware of.

Thanks again