Stupid New Eicr Codes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
am I the only person to hate these new eicr codes?

doing a pir, and cannot verify the gas bond,

using the old codes i'd put this down as a code 3,

now, I dont know, I cant see it being a code 2, its not actually dangerous, not without something else occuring at the same time,

but is it more than a C3 in these stupid new regs ?  or is it simply improvement recommended?  :C

normally I'd put one in, but this guy only wants the bare minimum done, it would be a complete nightmare getting to the gas pipe.

if it's got a bond? code 3 if undesize, if you cant get a test result code 2. Could always improve water bond and cross bond boiler so that water bond is picked up at boiler and hence to gas - stick label on CU accordingly.

I feel your pain!

Biggest mistake they made, apart from fecking about with the regs in the first place, was getting rid of C4s

Too many insurance companies want No Cs at all on the cert.....all C 3s have to be corrected

Wait until the CUs have to be "non combustable". The faeces will hit the spinning blades then!

....."you fecking what?........recommend to change the CU?.....it was only replaced 12 months ago!.....wait until,I get hold of the bloke who did it...!"

You think I am exaggerating?.........just wait. It WILL happen

Bring back C4s

Tell Trumpton to keep their noses out

Train people to CORRECTLY install equipment/accessories!

Eliminate the CAUSE of the Fires instead of containing them in summat that does not burn

Rant subsides for a brief while

C2. Not dangerous as is, but dangerous under 1st fault conditions.

That would be my view.

that was my original thoughts sidewinder

I havent been there yet,

I cant get before I go away, so testing it when I get back,

he had just rang me with some stuff that he is doing before I get back,

but, he has just sent me a picture of the CU, its an old wylex 3way unit, so, no RCD either,

Im now thinking combined they each make a C2.......

but, is it still SATISFACTORY, providing no other faults appear?

imo it still is, just,

it just doesnt comply with current regs,

that is, as I say, NO other faults are present.

no, I havent actually been there yet, its an old property, so I'd think its probably a lead gas main tbh.

I wont get time to go before next week, the owner was just wanting to know if he could help by getting anything done before I go,

obviously he wants a SATISFACTORY, so if he can have me prepared for what I will need, if it really needs it, then it all helps,

he rents it through a letting agent, who want £300 for an EICR  :eek:  

he wants it safe, but, at the same time, he is tight and wont spend money if he doesnt have to,

Ive mentioned about the RCD to him, he reckons if its NOT legally required then its down to the letting agent.

no, I havent actually been there yet, its an old property, so I'd think its probably a lead gas main tbh.

I wont get time to go before next week, the owner was just wanting to know if he could help by getting anything done before I go,

obviously he wants a SATISFACTORY, so if he can have me prepared for what I will need, if it really needs it, then it all helps,

he rents it through a letting agent, who want £300 for an EICR  :eek:

he wants it safe, but, at the same time, he is tight and wont spend money if he doesnt have to,

Ive mentioned about the RCD to him, he reckons if its NOT legally required then its down to the letting agent.

Charge him £300 for the EICR, give him a couple of legitimate C2's and then its in his hands.......

for letting purposes IMHO opinion you can't get away with less than 16th edition set-up, bit like renting a car it has to be up to date within reason. Put it to landlord that RCDs offer a level of fire protection, and therefore he is protecting his property and investment from the idiocy of tennants.

I have a good idea he will probably change the CU,  he done that in the last 2 I done for him that had old wylex boards. He doesn't like C2s, I have told him the CU and bond will be C2s as I think combined they warrant it.