DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Why Do We Bother?

Sharpend

£14/hr is good :lol: Ive seen ad's for JIB sparks: own tools, van and all manner of tickets for £9.50hr :o

Not compared to the dog walker?

or the decorator who charges £20/Hr or the capenter who charges £25/hr or the gardner who charges £30/hr and let us not forget the plumbers who charge £65/hr!!!

Dog walkers are a special breed of people ;)

What do duck hunters charge?!

pest controllers charge quite a lot I belive. ;):lol:

or the decorator who charges £20/Hr or the capenter who charges £25/hr or the gardner who charges £30/hr and let us not forget the plumbers who charge £65/hr!!!

Dog walkers are a special breed of people ;)

And the self employed electrician who charges whatever the market will bear.

If you don't like low paid employee work, you are free to set up self employed like many of us do.

I am self employed just received a job alert and had to pick myself up from laughing!!

true costs of employing people is  much higher than the wage offered, especially whn you add holidays / sick / NI, and business overheads

true costs of employing people is  much higher than the wage offered, especially whn you add holidays / sick / NI, and business overheads

and now the compulsory pensions.  and recruiting, training, disciplining, sacking, advertising, recruiting.............

That ad is from my very favourite people in the whole world .....  well just below kiddie fiddlers ...the Nazi party  and  IS ................yes lets hear it from ....................THE AGENCY   :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  :Applaud  and now they can all  :red card  :red card  Eff right off .

Some asian bloke called Jeremy had the misfortune to phone me this morning to offer their "services"  as thousands of other tradespeople in my post code were taking up their offer to ........"come on board" ..........

Oh how well we got on  :innocent ...we did laff together  !!! .. :pmsl1: ... but after a short illuminating discussion ,,,,he rung off. :(

That's about right for this area of the country for going cards in with company vehicle, fuel card, phone etc provided

That's about right for this area of the country for going cards in with company vehicle, fuel card, phone etc provided

which is where?

so you have no transport costs, and don't have to run your own vehicle - that's worth quite afew £££

It's not this area at all, In fact it's all areas via an agency as its governed by the Jib rates. I have jobs from all over the country coming at me and all the similar £13-17 p hour, all mainly via agencies.

so you have no transport costs, and don't have to run your own vehicle - that's worth quite afew £££

That's only if the company takes you on after your initial period to which you have to supply everything!! Hexa is an agency.

which is where?

East mids - I was replying to the Ad referenced in the OP which was in cleethorpes

Archived