Schletter Designs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been asked to include Schletter designs with current PV designs for this contract. Thought it would be their calc spreadsheet (which I don't seem to be able to find anymore) but now I see that they have released a new tool. Calculator easy. Anyboody used it? is it free or costly?

Cheers

it's free. Sure they aren't asking for wind loadings?
They don't even know themselves binky. All they know is that they have been told they want a Schletter design. I asked about wind load and who is doing structural (if we need to sort it out). They said they have someone else doing structural....

I know I won't be putting anything on a roof without seeing the report or a disclaimer excusing us as a comapany from anything that may happen due to them not doing it. To be honest I don't know either way if they are doing them.  They don't seem to know anything though, lol

Schletter don't design anthing for anyone, they have a 'design calculator' which is a materials calculation tool. You're better off on Segen design tool, which also does the wind calculations

Last edited by a moderator:
Schletter don't design anthing for anyone, they have a 'design calculator' which is a materials calculation tool. You're better off on Segen design tool, which also does the wind calculations
Yeah there are other, better tools out there, I even have my own spreadsheet to calc hook count / wind loads, etc.

It's a case of do as your told, not as you please. Like most of these things. It's like the NICEIC / Napit debate. Most coucils would only allow NICEIC workers even though Napit does the same job.

They have heard the word schletter and are rolling with it.....

Signed up for a Schletter website account on thursday so I could download the software, was informed that my account would be approved within 24 hours, Still nothing.

I emailled them today, no response.

Fed up already, Half the bloody site is in german, even with english selected

yep, not very helpful sometimes and keeps going back to German.

Architects are the problem, they spend 30mins Googling stuff and then set it in stone as the 'word of God' without knowing jack!