2.5/1.0 Flat Twin Stuff

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now many of you know how much I hate domestic.

However, I get dragged into it on the medical stuff.

TBH, I'm being a little lazy.

Anyone remember when they stopped supplying/fitting "officially" 2.5/1.0 flat twin & cpc to give it it's "official" description please?

It's a bit before the time I got dragged into domestic stuff I think.

Thanks,

No I think, that you want to say "I think you're mistaken".

Remember punctuation is very important...

Let's eat Grandma.

Let's eat, Grandma.

;)

Thanks guys, any more input appreciated, I did think it was around the early 80's ish, but I looked at a block of flats for an HHD install today and the cpc seemed very thin for 1.5 I was short of time as it was a quick survey visit, I know, but there is only so much you can do for nowt.

I looked at it and it seemed thin, and thinking back, and only now, the cores seemed small too, perhaps it was 1.5/1.0, I just "thought" it was 2.5 because it was a socket!

Social Housing too.

Mind several other issues that should not have been there too.

I didn't have a vernier to measure it, I only had my CK combi-cutters 1.5/2.5 notches, and it seemed VERY small in comparison to the 1.5 notch, mind in my defence I was stuck down between a bed and a wall and a wardrobe.

Did I mention I hate domestic work?

Give me a 185mm 4C any day.

Anyway, I have been told the property is not an 80's building, but a 00's building, still waiting, but it does have Red & Black, and some old Ryefield kit in the main intake.

Going to ask my customer to get a build date off the property owner, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Afaicr,  they stopped manufacturing it circa 1981, so, give 2 years I'd say your definitive cut off point is 1983, IMHO. 

BTW, Harp lager tastes good,   :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've completed working at a house today the pensioners moved in as a new build in 1981 & it's not been worked on since I started this week, upstairs is 2.5/1 and down stairs is 2.5/1.5