Help, My Kindle Has Frozen

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well SWMBO's Kindle actually.

the ordinary kindle not a kindle fire or anything posh.

It's just frozen with a page of a book showing. Won't respond at all to the touch screen or the power button. Plug in the charger and it doesn't even say it's charging.

Is there a way to re boot them?

I was going to say that we tend to put frozen stuff in the microwave.......but I`m too slow.

As paddler says - hold the power switch over. The only other option is if the screen has become damaged - usually characterised by a fading display, or lines on the screen - it which case its fubar.

(Missus has her old "standard" kindle, which she doesn`t use since she got the Fire. If yours is really stuffed, pm me - we`ll sort something out ;) )

She told me she had tried the keep holding the power button thing and it hadn't worked.

Anyway I plugged it into the USB port of my 'puter, pressed and held the power button and after 30 seconds or so it sprang to life and re booted. My guess is she didn't hold it long enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that film, only got 10mins into it and turned it off for being drivel  :vomit
We bought a copy from Amazon to see what the fuss was, I do admit to liking it, in a funny sort of way.

I'm guessing you don't want to build a snowman?

it was the drivel that it started with, Fairy tale castles, Princesses, Princes, chocolate fountains and painful singing - not exactly modern role models for any young lady who doesn't want to become anorexic and get married in a white horse drawn carriage. There's far too many little princesses knocking around in misguided families these days who grow up to be pita arse teenagers and adults. This is of course my cynical opinion of modern parenting by Disney role models. Whatever happened to tom-boys, girls should be taught to have attitude and confidence to get a career in something other than beauty parlours.

didn't get as far as the obligatory 'goofy' character that all kids films have these days aka Olaf

That explains your tendency to ****** off without the family on motorocycles LOL

it was the drivel that it started with, Fairy tale castles, Princesses, Princes, chocolate fountains and painful singing - not exactly modern role models for any young lady who doesn't want to become anorexic and get married in a white horse drawn carriage. There's far too many little princesses knocking around in misguided families these days who grow up to be pita arse teenagers and adults. This is of course my cynical opinion of modern parenting by Disney role models. Whatever happened to tom-boys, girls should be taught to have attitude and confidence to get a career in something other than beauty parlours.

didn't get as far as the obligatory 'goofy' character that all kids films have these days aka Olaf

That explains your tendency to ****** off without the family on motorocycles LOL
Nothing to do with Disney role models, Disney have been producing the same 'drivel' for decades, 

Don't be like the rest of the TV generation parents and blaming someone else... 

I keep trying to persuade my daughter to have a go driving the digger.  I'm sure if I had a son he would love to have a shot.
I have a daughter would love to drive a digger, in fact, at less than 18months she is at more stuff than her big brother at 7years, I think I have learnt a lot about parenting in 6years,,,,, 

She may race bikes one day,,,,,   :)  

EDIT, :  I have a daughter that would love to CRASH your digger 

Your right Steps, but this bit of drivel was particularly bad, It also has to be said I'm not a fan of musicals. The film might improve, but I didn't get any further than the start. I don't blame TV for the way my son has turned out - that's mostly of his own making from about age 12.  Disney have prodcued a few quite good role models like Mulan, and kids films are rather fomulaic apart from a few exceptions like Lemony Snicket, which I did enjoy. Defo should be more dark and sinister in childrens films, like the orginal Hans brothers fairy tales.

Very pleased you have a daughter who would love to crash a digger. Have you bought her a set of spanners yet?