Mini Pir Sensor Issue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snacka

Reaction score
hi all im new here so be gentle please 

i fitted some 12v led wardrobe lights at home and i connected this to a mini pir 240v in and 240v out this  then goes to the led driver to to turn it to 12v 

this all worked fine for the first few days but now it turns  its self on and off when it feels like IE i was in bed last night and the light come  on the wardrobe doors was shut and nothing passed the pir sensor 

if i turn it off at the mains then back on it works great for a few hours on and off when it should 

but then starts this random pattern 

has anyone had any issues like this and can anyone offer advice ??

thanks in advance 

Six immediate thoughts come to mind...

1/ Without any make / model number info this question is about as random as asking... "my computer sometimes does random things has anyone else had any issues like this.....???"

2/ Is it cheap Chinese import stuff that has been installed...

3/ Is the PIR designed to operate the type of load you are working..

4/ Why use 12v LED's?   cut a chunk out of the circuit and use 230v LED's..

5/ Why bother with a PIR at all in a wardrobe ?????

6/ Oh  Welcome to the forumbulator...

:popcorn

it was a cheep chinese import pir an ebay job to be honest 

it is designed for led and in the wardrobe because when i open the door i like to see what im doing also having shelf in there the light is mounted to the bottom of the shelf and 12v led because they are safer in can be reached by my  child on the bottom shelf 

some PIR's have a minimum load
hi andy dose that mean im not pulling enough power for the pir to work correctly ??

thanks 

sounds like there is a problem with that pir sensor its would be best to replace the unit completely.
yer ive alredy orderd one and its on the way but was just seeing if there is another reason that it dose this incase the new one dose the same 

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: