DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.

Misuse Of Logo .

Evans Electric

In the NIC magazine , some guy in Leeds  misusing the ELECSA logo sentenced to 12 months  imprisonment, suspended  ...costs of £3400  and 260 hrs unpaid work.   ( Over 6 weeks work !!)

On the next page I find the  NICEIC /ELECSA  brands  threatening their members  ( ie;  Those who fund organization)  with " Legal action "   if they don't comply with  Amendment 3 of the Regs .    I understand them protecting their logo but ......

What next ........die Reichskristallnacht :red card

Ja Bestimmt....

john...

Is that because they support the change total boards?

I mean they wouldn't be like that over, let's say, anything as important as amended Zs values now would they?

i better hurry up and remove that elecsa sticker from the back of my van, since they havent been arsed to reply to my email...

uh ohh....

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-20%20at%2020.43.

:slap

I doubt if the full details have been disclosed in this particular case.

Seems a harsh sentence to me.

it's treated as fraud - removing money from customers by deception. NICEIC do contact and warn people before taking legal action - I know this beacuse I have reported several companies over the years. So to have got to a court case, it's got to be quite serious.

i would have thought bodging the job and leaving it in a dangerous situation would be more serious, but no-one ever gets done for that

i would have thought bodging the job and leaving it in a dangerous situation would be more serious, but no-one ever gets done for that

And this is soon to be addressed with the up coming B&Q - NICEIC partnership................lunch on Friday might be interesting.

much harder to prove

if you remember the case of the yung woman electrocuted in the bath at a rental property in Cornwall a few years ago, a cottage with no earthing or bonding on aTT system, it turns out a local contractor installed a new shower a few years previous. He got fined £2k apparently. My assessor was expert witness for the case, as he says, he can't prove the earth rod had failed at that time.

And this is soon to be addressed with the up coming B&Q - NICEIC partnership................lunch on Friday might be interesting.

During my annual assessment last week I mentioned that a week ago my accountant called me to say that B&Q were doing a bathroom refurb and the B&Q electrician had told her he could not install the switched fused connection unit or connect the power shower, and also the towel rail as the installation was very dangerous with a touch voltage of 76V.

She asked if I could call him and find out exactly what was wrong.

So I called the guy and he said "Its dangerous mate, I've been here 2 hours already, ain't paid to put things right" I ask so what's wrong, "76V touch voltage mate" I ask how did you arrive at this figure, "loop test mate over 200 Ohms, so its a failure" I say is it not a TT supply, "I ain't got time to argue mate, been here 2 hours already, have to leave it for someone to put right", so what what was the reading, "240 Ohms with 76V touch voltage", I say you need to do your maths again, think about the installation and what are the rcd trip times, he puts the phone down on me.

My accountant rings me later that day to say that he had left and not done any of the work so they were now without a shower, could I send someone to have a look.

Advised she first contact B&Q as she has paid for a job to be done, but ask them to send someone that's competent.

Not heard back yet. 

No wonder the NIC assessor listened with interest, but did not say anything about them getting involved with B&Q, and then I read about it in the NIC connections mag yesterday.

much harder to prove

if you remember the case of the yung woman electrocuted in the bath at a rental property in Cornwall a few years ago, a cottage with no earthing or bonding on aTT system, it turns out a local contractor installed a new shower a few years previous. He got fined £2k apparently. My assessor was expert witness for the case, as he says, he can't prove the earth rod had failed at that time.

what about jobs like the EICR i done a few years ago for someone who had a dodgy builder / electrician, and similar thing with Steptoe? they would be easy to prove that it was left dangerous, but nothing gets done other than they might have to put it right

what about jobs like the EICR i done a few years ago for someone who had a dodgy builder / electrician, and similar thing with Steptoe? they would be easy to prove that it was left dangerous, but nothing gets done other than they might have to put it right

Unfortunately in the eyes of the law I think there are one heck of a lot of 'get-out-of-jail-free' card type loopholes that make it quite difficult and expensive to actually convict someone of doing dodgy work..

You see it frequently on the TV with these rouge trader / watchdog type programs where they set up hidden cameras and all sorts... 

if/or when the trader actually gets to court....  the final outcome is often very mininal...

never seems to match up to the level of crap a customer has had to put up with by 'Cowboy Trader & Co'...

My client got his MP, a certain Mr Simon Danusck to write to niceic,  they basically told him to F off, it was nothing to do with him, I think they forgot he was on a certain committee, 

It WILL be getting took further,

Just need to get Prof to answer his phone to me now,  :C 

My client got his MP, a certain Mr Simon Danusck to write to niceic,  they basically told him to F off, it was nothing to do with him, I think they forgot he was on a certain committee, 

It WILL be getting took further,

Just need to get Prof to answer his phone to me now,  :C

Try getting that Slaphead Effected Cockney Gnome Dom Littlewood (& i bet he has Little Wood!) involved...he seems to,think he is the people's Champ and a Righter of Wrongs

No offence

Archived