DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Commercial Fryer

tom1

Question

The fryers on 13A plug  currently overloading circuit.

plan is to put in new dedicated circuit.

Does anyone have any good ideas regarding connection, the current sockets get greased up and damaged,

what about a commando plug? that way they could be moved easily for cleaning ect 

What do you think thanks

Beware of the possibility of fryers being plugged / unplugged under load  -it destroys the 16A commandos.

We did some of those chain drive toasters in a hotel - after two members of staff had plug burns on their hands, from the 13A pins & casing....

Initial swap to Commando 16A - which they cooked rather quickly.

Ended up with interlocked 32A jobbies - no risk of arcing with under load (dis)connection - and you could, prospectively, have 2 on a 32A final.

http://www.rselectricalsupplies.co.uk/gewiss-interlocked-switched-socket-32a-2p-and-e-240v-gw66015_268?gclid=COy3puDM5cYCFQoYwwodZzIKPw

thanks

like this one kme.  looked at these  before, they all seem to be expensive but just found this one which is quite reasonable.

what do you think about the staff moving the fryers directly under the outlet, they would then have to lean over them to isolate

apprentice87

Every time i fit an interlocked socket the numpties just rip the plug out by brute force!!!!

john..

what is the issue I am missing here with them all on one circuit, these fryers are normally about 10A,

so 3 on a 32A mcb, say 6mm or even 4mm to 32a isolator then feed x3 16A or 32A cee form sockets?

Sidewinder

What is the terminal connection rating of a 16A "CEEFORM" socket?

10A

16A

20A

25A

32A

?...

Sidewinder

That is correct, however, what will be the total load on all of the 32A sockets limited to?

If you are limiting them to 32A then fine, but, if more...

Andy™

what is the issue I am missing here with them all on one circuit, these fryers are normally about 10A,

so 3 on a 32A mcb, say 6mm or even 4mm to 32a isolator then feed x3 16A or 32A cee form sockets?

they dont have fuses, soyou cant put a 16a socket on a 32a circuit... you can use a 20a, but ideally 16a

Sidewinder

As long as you limit the circuit current to the rating of the outlets, and it is a radial, and all the other "stuff" works out ok.

Sidewinder

Do all the calcs add up for 4mm radial & at the last socket on the line etc.?

Personally I would not use 4mm sq for 32A.

Sidewinder

I don't know Tom, it will depend on the socket.

They are generally designed for being on independent radials.

will look at the sockets when I get them, see what there like and  run them on separate radials if need be

thanks

Andy™

will the terminal on these socket take 6mm in and out

unlikely. ive got 2x 4mm in some before but even that is tight

Sidewinder

So, if you are going for a radial per socket, do they need to be 32A.

What is the rating of the devices?...

Andy™

individual radials with 16a mcb / outlets is best option

if the total load of 2 is less than 20a, then you could put a 20a radial with 2x 16a outlets

Phoenix

As this is a commericial catering establishment. I would assume the supply is three phase.

As the OP wants to put all three units on one circuit (I am assuming they are next to one another). Then I'd put forward the suggestion of one 16A ceeform socket on each phase of a 16A three phase circuit. SWA into adaptable box, few DIN rail terminals with links installed for the neutrals and earths then out to three adjacent interlocked SPN 16A sockets

Done similar arrangements with site cabins when distance was an issue and needed to be eccomical as possible with cable sizing

Evans Electric

Sounds like a plan to me Tom 1

Thing with commercial stuff like that is they are working far longer than in domestic use .

Andy™

but if you have 3 individual SP circuits on a TP MCB then your not minimizing inconvenience incase of a fault...

kerching

We used to service a local cafe. Owner had reflexed the deep,fat fryer and used Butyl Rubber

After about 6 months there was a bang and flash and phuuuttttt!

Flex had soaked up,the oil splashes and gone manky...resembled a sheeps intestines

So,be careful what the flex is made of!

Just saying

Archived