Commercial Fryer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fryers on 13A plug  currently overloading circuit.

plan is to put in new dedicated circuit.

Does anyone have any good ideas regarding connection, the current sockets get greased up and damaged,

what about a commando plug? that way they could be moved easily for cleaning ect 

What do you think thanks

just plugged into plastic  ip66  plastic socket at min, was called in to replace one as it had been smashed. all greased up, not nice work. noted that circuit and cable feeding sockets was overloaded, they said the mcb trips regular.

will have a look at the flex and replace if necessary but I think its looks like its  original prewired

I am thinking then 6mm to 32A  rotary isolator then 3x 2.5mm to 3 commando sockets,

thought that might come up, was going down the fixed load route

I could put in 3 fcu in the circuit but trying to avoid installing stuf that's could get damaged easily

could do it over 2or 3 circuits,

its not a long run from the fryers

could do a 20a for 2 ceeform and a 16a for the other

Beware of the possibility of fryers being plugged / unplugged under load  -it destroys the 16A commandos.

We did some of those chain drive toasters in a hotel - after two members of staff had plug burns on their hands, from the 13A pins & casing....

Initial swap to Commando 16A - which they cooked rather quickly.

Ended up with interlocked 32A jobbies - no risk of arcing with under load (dis)connection - and you could, prospectively, have 2 on a 32A final.

no one seems to be bothered in a work place, they just wreck the place

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the issue I am missing here with them all on one circuit, these fryers are normally about 10A,

so 3 on a 32A mcb, say 6mm or even 4mm to 32a isolator then feed x3 16A or 32A cee form sockets?

if I use the 32a sockets then it must be at least that

That is correct, however, what will be the total load on all of the 32A sockets limited to?

If you are limiting them to 32A then fine, but, if more...

what is the issue I am missing here with them all on one circuit, these fryers are normally about 10A,

so 3 on a 32A mcb, say 6mm or even 4mm to 32a isolator then feed x3 16A or 32A cee form sockets?
they dont have fuses, soyou cant put a 16a socket on a 32a circuit... you can use a 20a, but ideally 16a

thanks

the 32a sockets and plugs should be ok then