An End To The Fit Dor Solar Pv Soon?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is interesting Dave, did you see that on the news yesterday whereby a university had built a standard house which was self sufficient for its energy costs by incorporating renewables etc at no more cost than what the house costs to build now?

Wonder whether the govt have cottoned on that new houses would be self sufficient therefore eliminating the need for such big subsidies to energy firms?

Yes I saw that.

It is NOT the first zero energy house, that was built at least 10 years ago.

It is NOT the first A rated house ever registered in the UK.

It is in fact nothing difficult to achieve and that's what we are hoping for from out new house.

I've actually fitted that roof system, it's from a company called Zed roof, looks very nice when fitted.

******* tories are upto thier usual cave-in to big business lobbying ' all these green taxes are costing too much'. PV costs about £5 per household, the big 6 have been ripping people off for far more than that year on year for as long as I can remember. Also something to do with Tory voters, you know the ones, Range Rover, green wellies, black labrador, house in the country, who cant ******* work out the countryside is a food factory and totally artificial, but don't want their view spoiled by nasty wind turbines and solar farms. The real country folk ie farmers love these things becuase it means they can make a resonable living from their land for the next 20 years instead of being shafted by Tescos etc etc

As for the proven global warming how much is climate change costing us all in flood damage, golf ball size hail stones etc etc in our insurnce premiums??? a damn site more then £5. Short sited stupidity, reminds of Nero playing his violin whilst Rome burnt :shakehead

I totally agree with subsidies being cut,

how is it a viable business if it needs propping up with other peoples money,?

as for farmers making a reasonable living,,,  :slap

I grew up in the country, I've never met a poor farmer yet,

Ah Binky - that old chestnut. We have grown tropical ferns and been under feet of ice on our little island here. The world has gone through huge temperature fluctuation - you know I believe us puny humans only slightly contribute to the effect.

If we want to do something - ban planes chucking out CO2 right up where it matters. Where are you going on holiday this year? ;)

The solution is nuclear - can we stop messing about with this relatively useless green energy and invest in the real solution?

and Nuclear is still investing in reducing climate change, only it takes about 20 years to build a reactor from starting an enquiry - just look at Hinckley point. £1 billion spent to clear a patch of earth and still no contract to actually build the reactor. That's so much cheaper than a few green subsidies, which have been slashed by 56% already NOT.

we may be puny humans, but 6 billion puny humans adds up to one big effect. Remember DDT, that didn't affect anything did it? We used throw chemicals from industry in all our rivers, that didn't do anything either. We used to chuck thousands of tons emmissions into the air, no acid rain was ever seen. We all used to burn coal, which never caused smog did it. And the population was about half what is now. So puny or not, we certainly can have big effects on the world around us.

I've actually fitted that roof system, it's from a company called Zed roof, looks very nice when fitted.
Tell me more about it.

See I'm confused about that house.  It claims to be super insulated etc.

But unless I am completely miss understanding what I am seeing, from inside the loft space, it appears you are seeing the under side of the in roof PV panels.  i.e. no insulation underneath them?

That would be okay if it was a cold roof and all the insulation was above the upstairs ceiling, but their appears to be a permanent staircase leading up to the loft. So I am confused how the house is actually insulated.

same system used for a garden canopy (Part finished of course)

10668811_851058688245689_2386747355313614148_o.jpg

Development at Newquay

Can I roof my garage with that stuff?

Is it totally water tight?

Can I insulate beneath it, not tight to it obviously?

How much is it?

Please...

solar roof.jpg

posh block of flats in Newquay, built on the site of a terrible hotel fire in which 13 peole died - wooden fire esacpe didn't help.

reckon the nice furniture would suffer as I would expect quite a bit of condensation off the panels, same as single glazed windows. But the idea of generating and using the panels for a roof is quite clever.

that 9 panel system was £9k fitted Sidey, £1k basically being the inverter. Contact Zedfactory for up to date prices. It's quite easy to fit and does look nice, the panel cables all being hidden away

Link to article relating to original post. Sounds like too many solar farms and wind turbines have scuppered the budget. However £1billion overspend is equal to the non-starting Hinckley Point nuclear reactor spend to date. Don't see how going offshore for wind will really help the budget...... For those not familiar with the whole scheme, it has always been the target to make Green Technology self-sustaining ie subsidy free. It is going that way, but unless there is significant energy hikes I can't see that happening for quite a while. What the second link tells us, but doesn't give numbers for is the cost of the Green Deal Schemes, loft insulation etc etc that have been around for the last few years, yep you've all being paying the dole claimants to have nice warm homes X(   . The third link is the most interesting, the FiTs add a mere £7 of the green levies average of £112. Hinckley point will add £10 to your bill according to last article. I've deliberately picked articles form the Torygraph. The green lobbyists would no doubt present different numbers.

So my advice to you all, go green, reduce your energy consumption, and pay less tax  :innocent     ( anyone seen an icon for taking cover after throwing hand grenade???   :^O  ).

http://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/news/amber_rudd_government_looking_carefully_at_cost_of_solar_subsidies_3425

http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/green-subsidies/#step4

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/energy-bills/11362064/Green-levies-add-112-to-energy-bills-where-does-the-money-go.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/11148193/Hinkley-Point-nuclear-plant-to-cost-34bn-EU-says.html

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to say, the above numbers is yet another example of backdoor taxation so loved by our wonderful governments these days - Troies and Labour of guilty of that!