Heres A Job I Did Earlier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well about 40 years earlier TBH . 

After it was up & running  just me and the apprentii  , run a 300 amp  TPN  bussbar from the basement to the top gallery . 

73_big.jpg

Just saying  .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats right Duck , they are in line of sight of each other & transmit via repeater towers by microwave .  So nothing can be in the way . The next one going North is at Cannock , Staffs .

If you Google Birmingham Telecom Tower  you'll see the part underneath where  we also did some work , as they waiting to be bombed into oblivion by the Ruskies  during the "Cold War"  .

Thats right Duck , they are in line of sight of each other & transmit via repeater towers by microwave .  So nothing can be in the way . The next one going North is at Cannock , Staffs .

If you Google Birmingham Telecom Tower  you'll see the part underneath where  we also did some work , as they waiting to be bombed into oblivion by the Ruskies  during the "Cold War"  .
Watch this space...?

dressed proper for proper job (you need Cornish accent for that to really work).

bet the oil contains PCBs (caricinogenic nasty shite they used to use in transformers). So basically you should beable to give the tower a shove and it will move
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

19 cm side to side at the top and 23cm up and down the iet.tv film says! ;)

Awesome Engineering, that would never happen today, in the same vein, neither would Dinorwig.

A lot of ties on show with the maintenance guys.

So...

Own up, who has had a job on the tools where they wore I tie to work, I did.

Next...

many moons agoI used to do work for a guy that always wore a tie,

sweat tripping him, tramping through dung in a cattle shed, pulling BFO armoureds in, and there he'd be with the tie still on,  :shakehead

he was just one of those proper old school blokes,,,

Health & Safety gone mad !!!!!! ......   Wearing a tie at work FFS!!!   ....OOooh look my tie is dangling into that really dangerous revolving machine ....

Or

OOoh look ...I'm using my SDS drill  and my tie is caught up in the drill bit

OOh  look  I'm  leaning over the van engine while its running , 'cos theres a funny noise and my tie is caught in the cam belt .....Ooooh look I'm being strangled .

Ooooh look  the ladder has slid away and I'm hanging by tie ...............Ooooh look I'm turning purple !!  
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Edit;   OOh look I've upset Stepps & he's strangling me with my tie

Last edited by a moderator:
you can inspect the new patio soon then. From underneath. :slap

Still you may have Miss S for company, things are looking UP (pun borrowed from the rev) :coat

many moons agoI used to do work for a guy that always wore a tie,

sweat tripping him, tramping through dung in a cattle shed, pulling BFO armoureds in, and there he'd be with the tie still on,  :shakehead

he was just one of those proper old school blokes,,,
I was at a job the other day, there were a couple of plumbers there, one was the boss of the small firm, the other guy worked for him. The boss man was digging a hole at the side of the clients garage to re-route the water supply to the outside tap in the garage and was wearing a shirt (but no tie) looking like he belonged doing the invoicing / quoting rather than working on the tools.... I commented to him that he was a bit over dressed for what he was doing and he told me he always went to work like that, even when fitting boilers and crawling through roof spaces and that he didnt care because his missus did the washing :p