Building Regs Fan Flaps

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hytech Steve

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have one customer moaning about the Building regs fan flaps keep going thunk at all hours, mostly its when gusting winds create a vortex a suck the flaps open then they shut again on the springs. I cannot think of an answer apart from him taking the flaps off after I have a photo of them installed, but then he will have drafts, any idea's.

Regards Steve

self adhesive foam strips (draught excluder for doors) around the aperture might reduce the noise.

I thought that back draught flaps were a good idea for our bathroom fan. Spent ages finding one the Mrs liked. After suffering the same issue there is now a clothes peg holding the flaps open inside the ducting. Lol. Was easier to pop the grill off outside that take all the fan out inside ...

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the idea's, might give the draught excluder a go and see. If any did'nt know the spec for fans look at Building Regs 2013

Consevation of Heat/Power. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Yes good idea electronic shutter but do those fans comply with L1A of Building Regs eg low watt ???

Latest posts